Natalie Reid is a litigation partner in the firm’s International Disputes Group focusing on international arbitration, public international law and ...
Read Full Biography
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights as amicus curiae before the U.S. Supreme Court in Boumediene v. Bush and Al Odah v. United States, arguing that the continued detention of prisoners at Guantánamo Bay and the procedures of the military tribunals established to try those prisoners breached the international treaty obligations of the United States.
- Tethyan Copper Company Pty Limited in its $6 billion ICSID arbitration win against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- A leading provider of telecommunications services in an arbitration of an indemnification dispute under the auspices of the London Court of International Arbitration (“LCIA”).
- The Government of Grenada in an ICSID arbitration arising out of reforms to the electricity sector.
- Claimant MAKAE Europe SARL an ICSID arbitration against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation in arbitration and litigation of dispute concerning breach of an insurance claim settlement agreement.
- Macau-based Sanum Investments and Netherlands-based Lao Holdings, NV in bilateral investment treaty arbitration claims against the Government of Laos.
- Alternative asset managers in arbitration of a dispute arising out of partnership and employment agreements.
- Prudential Financial in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- Phoenix Life Insurance Company in a putative class action in the District of New Jersey relating to reductions of its dividend scales.
- The United Nations in Brzak v. United Nations, successfully asserting its rights under the Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations and corresponding U.S. law; obtaining dismissal of suit filed in the Southern District of New York against the Organization and several employees; successfully defending the appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; and successfully opposing the petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court.
- Chemical Weapons Convention Negotiators and Experts as amici curiae in Bond v. United States, arguing that the individual criminal acts of the petitioner fell within the expansive scope of conduct prohibited by the Convention and the federal statute implementing the Convention in the United States.
- An international organization in an arbitration brought by a private party under a Headquarters Agreement with a host state.
- Prudential Financial and certain present and former officers and directors, in securities class action and derivative lawsuits arising from the company's practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- Harvard Law School, 2003, J.D.
- Brown University, 1999, A.B.