Paul D. Rubin is a corporate partner based in the Washington, D.C. office and is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Group ...
Read Full Biography
- Due to the sensitive nature of Mr. Rubin’s confidential work counseling companies on FDA/FTC compliance matters, and handling non-public investigations, only a portion of his representative matters can be publicly disclosed.
Mergers & Acquisitions –Regulatory Due Diligence
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Ferraro Foods, a specialty foodservice distributor.
- Blackstone Group in its investment in Ginger, a leader in on-demand healthcare, as part of a $100 million Series E funding round.
- CPP Investments as lead investor in a $400 million Series C financing for insitro, a machine learning-driven drug discovery and development company.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the sale of Manna Pro Products, a recognized leader in the care and nurturing of pets, with roots going back to 1842, to funds affiliated with The Carlyle Group.
- TPG Capital in the sale of Adare Pharmaceuticals, a leading specialty contract development and manufacturing organization, to Thomas H. Lee Partners and Frazier Healthcare Partners and the related separation of Adare’s Eosinophilic Esophagitis product into a TPG-backed entity.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of TARIS, a biotechnology company specializing in the development of a novel drugs and delivery technologies for the treatment of cancer.
- Allergan in its sale of Brazikumab to AstraZeneca and Zenpep to Nestle.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ, a direct-to-consumer platform that transforms the buying experience for individuals seeking personalized health and financial wellness solutions.
- Manna Pro, a manufacturer and marketer of pet care and nutrition products and a Morgan Stanley Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Hero Pet Brands.
- CPPIB in its investment in a Series B fundraising in Sana Biotechnology, a U.S.-based biotech company focused on creating and delivering engineered cells as treatments for disease.
FDA/FTC Compliance Matters
- Numerous FDA and non-FDA regulated companies in confidential investigations.
- A leading marketing company in settling advertising allegations with the FTC.
- Numerous pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer product companies in addressing complex FDA compliance issues.
- Numerous investment banks and financial services companies in various hemp and CBD regulatory issues.
- Medical Device Innovation Consortium, in preparing a comprehensive “cybersecurity playbook” for the medical device industry.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, B.S.