Paulina Stanfel is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group.
Ms. Stanfel joined Debevoise in 2015. Ms. ...
Read Full Biography
- American International Group and Corebridge Financial, a majority-owned subsidiary of American International Group, in the initial public offering of Corebridge Financial.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in the reinsurance of $35 billion in fixed indexed annuities from Allianz Life.
- Manulife, a Canadian multinational insurance company and financial services provider, in its reinsurance deal with Venerable, a provider of risk transfer solutions to variable annuity issuers, releasing approximately $2 billion in capital.
- Prudential in the sale of its retirement plan business to Empower for a total transaction value of $3.55 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- New York Life in its $6.3 billion acquisition of Cigna’s Group Life and Disability Insurance business.
- Assurant in the $1.3 billion sale of its Global Preneed business to CUNA Mutual Group.
- Nassau Financial Group in the issuance of $100 million of non-cumulative perpetual preferred equity to Wilton Re and Stone Point Credit.
- The Independent Order of Foresters in its sale of Foresters Life Insurance and Annuity Company and Foresters Financial Holding Company, Inc. to Nassau Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Nassau Financial Group, L.P.
- Alaska National Insurance Company in its acquisition by Copperpoint Insurance Companies.
- Japan Post Holdings in its purchase of a strategic stake of approximately 7% of outstanding common shares of Aflac.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in the ongoing highly publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt and their PROMESA Title III proceedings.
- Duke University School of Law, 2015, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012, B.S.