Xiao Luo is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising sponsors of private equity ...
Read Full Biography
- Providence Equity Partners in the combination of Blackboard, a leading global educational technology software and solutions company, and Anthology, a leading provider of proven higher education solutions.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence Equity Partners VIII, a $6 billion global media, entertainment and communications fund.
- PSG in the formation of PSG V, a $4.5 billion North America growth fund.
- PSG in the formation of PSG IV, a $2 billion North America growth fund.
- LGT Capital Partners in the formation of Crown Global Secondaries V, a $4.5 billion private equity secondaries fund.
- Novum Capital in the formation of a €100 million private equity fund targeting investments in the DACH region.
- Providence Equity Partners in the combination of Benefit Street Partners and Franklin Templeton Investments.
- Carmel Partners in the formation of:
- Carmel Partners Investment Fund VII, a $1.28 billion U.S. real estate fund.
- Carmel Partners Investment Fund VI, a $1 billion U.S. real estate fund.
- GSO Capital Partners in certain energy and debt hybrid hedge fund-related activities, including the formation of GSO Energy Select Opportunities Fund, a $3 billion North America power/energy fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in a variety of secondary transactions.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of- funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the formation of Oaktree Power Opportunities Fund IV, a $1.1 billion U.S. energy and infrastructure fund.
- PSG in the formation of PSG III, a $1.3 billion North America growth fund.
- Diamond Castle in the restructuring of, and secondary sale of interests in, Diamond Castle Partners IV. In the transaction, investment funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Intermediate Capital Group and other syndicate investors committed capital to a newly formed Diamond Castle-managed fund that acquired most of the portfolio of Fund IV, and Fund IV limited partners elected either to participate in the longer term potential of the portfolio by rolling their interests into the new fund or to effectively sell their interests to the buying syndicate.
- New York University School of Law, 2014, J.D.
- Columbia Law School, 2009, LL.M.
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2007, Master of Laws
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2004, Bachelor of Laws