The American Lawyer
- Ranked in the top 10 of The American Lawyer 2023 A-List and the only firm to appear on the list every year since its inception. The A-List recognizes firms based on a combination of factors, including racial diversity and gender diversity.
- Eight Debevoise partners have been named Dealmaker of the Year by The American Lawyer over the last 14 years.
- Honored with the International Arbitration Firm of the Year Award for the second consecutive year and the White Collar Firm of the Year Award at the Benchmark Litigation US East Coast Awards (2022).
- Nine Debevoise women litigators were named to Benchmark Litigation’s 2022 Top 250 Women in Litigation list. Since the inception of Benchmark Litigation's Top 250 Women in Litigation list in 2013, the firm's partners have been recognized every year for demonstrating its tradition of serving clients at the highest levels and of contributing to the development and advancement of distinguished women leaders.
Chambers & Partners Awards
The following practices have been recognized as Law Firm of the Year at the Chambers USA Awards:
- Intellectual Property (2022)
- International Arbitration (2021)
Chambers & Partners Rankings
- In Chambers USA 2022, 13 Debevoise lawyers were ranked Band 1 in 15 practice areas and 10 practices earned top rankings (Band 1) for the New York and/or Nationwide practice areas.
- In Chambers Global 2022, Debevoise is recognized for leadership in 37 practice areas worldwide and received Band 1 rankings in 17 categories. 11 Debevoise lawyers earned Band 1 rankings.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Debevoise again earned top rankings in three practice areas for Chambers Latin America and seven Debevoise lawyers were recognized for their exceptional work in the Latin American market. The firm is ranked Band 1 for Corporate Crime & Investigations and for International Arbitration.
- Four Debevoise practices were recognized in Chambers Europe and five lawyers were ranked individually.
- Eight Debevoise practices were recognized in Chambers Asia-Pacific and Chambers Greater China, and seven lawyers were ranked individually.
- Recognized for Most Outstanding Deal of the Year and Most Outstanding Debt Financing of the Year at The Deal Awards in 2022.
- Recognized for PE Dealmaker of the Year (Large Cap) and Most Innovative Deal of the Year (Middle Market) at The Deal Awards in 2021.
- Recognized for Healthcare Deal of the Year at The Deal Awards in 2020.
- Winner in the Innovation in Digitizing Legal Services category at the Financial Times’ 2022 North America Innovative Lawyers Awards. The firm was selected for the Debevoise Data Portal, which consists of a groundbreaking suite of tools that helps clients address business-critical data security and artificial intelligence regulatory issues.
Global Investigations Review
- Ranked second by Global Investigations Review in 2023 in its annual GIR 30 rankings, which recognize the world’s leading investigation practices.
- Ranked Tier 1 for PE Funds in Hong Kong and in the USA – IFLR1000 2022
- Ranked Tier 1 for PE Funds and for Private Equity in the USA – IFLR1000 2021
- Recommended for Financial Services Regulatory in Hong Kong ̶ IFLR1000 2021
- Private Equity Deal of the Year (Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) ̶ inaugural IFLR1000 India Awards 2020
- M&A Deal of the Year (Capital Group Private Markets and other financial sponsors) ̶ inaugural IFLR1000 Sub-Saharan Africa Awards 2020
- M&A Deal of the Year at the InsuranceAsia News Awards for Excellence 2022.
International Tax Review
- Honored with the Impact Deal of the Year award at the International Tax Review Americas Tax Awards 2022 for the firm’s role in advising Discovery in its acquisition of WarnerMedia from AT&T.
Latin Lawyer 250
- Debevoise was again recognized as a Recommended International Law Firm by Latin Lawyer 250 2021.
- Debevoise Capital Markets, Investment Management and Intellectual Property Groups named 2022 Practice Groups of the Year by Law360.
- Debevoise International Dispute Resolution, Investment Management, M&A and White Collar Groups named 2021 Practice Groups of the Year by Law360.
- Debevoise Intellectual Property and Fund Formation/Investment Management Groups recognized as 2020 Practice Groups of the Year by Law360.
- Debevoise International Disputes Resolution Group named a 2019 International Arbitration Practice Group of the Year by Law360.
- Debevoise Capital Markets and Private Equity Groups recognized as 2018 Practice Groups of the Year by Law360.
- Consistently named among the top 50 U.S. firms in London.
The Legal 500
- Ten Tier 1 practices and numerous Debevoise lawyers recognized as Hall of Famers, Leading Lawyers, Next Generation Partners and Rising Stars in The Legal 500 US 2020.
- Ranked Tier 1 in Investment Funds in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Ranked Tier 1 in Fund Finance, Public International Law and Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime in The Legal 500 UK.
The M&A Advisor
- Debevoise was honored at the 2022 Turnaround Awards for Restructuring Community Impact and the Restructuring Deal of the Year (Over $5B) for its role in advising Philippine Airlines Inc. (PAL) in connection with its Chapter 11 restructuring.
- Honored at The M&A Advisor's 2021 Turnaround Awards for Chapter 11 Reorganization of the Year (over $1 billion) and Distressed M&A Deal of the Year ($500 million - $1 billion).
Private Equity International
- Advised on four matters honored by the 2020 Private Equity International Awards, including all three deals named in the Secondaries Deal of the Year in Europe category, and the winner of the Fundraise of the Year in Asia category.
- Inducted into the PEI Hall of Fame for having won 20 PEI Awards across North America, EMEA and Asia from 2001 to 2019.
- Recognized as Law Firm of the Year in Asia in Fund Formation and in four additional categories at the 2019 Private Equity International Awards.
Who’s Who Legal
- Recognized as 2021 Firm of the Year in the Investigations and Business Crime Defense categories by Who’s Who Legal.
Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration
- 18 Debevoise lawyers were recognized by Who’s Who Legal Arbitration 2023.
The Pro Bono Institute
- The Pro Bono Institute awarded the firm one of our industry’s most prestigious honors, the 2022 John H. Pickering Award, for our outstanding commitment to pro bono legal services.
International Bar Association
- Debevoise received the International Bar Association (IBA) Group Member Award in 2022 for our pro bono contributions to the IBA’s work, including efforts related to combating human trafficking, sustainability, modern slavery and political prisoners in North Korea.
National Legal Aid & Defender Association
- NLADA has recognized Debevoise with the Beacon of Justice Award for The Holloway Project. Founded by John Gleeson, a litigation partner and former U.S. District Court judge, The Holloway Project is the firm’s successful pro bono effort to seek relief for federal prisoners serving excessively long sentences resulting from now-defunct mandatory sentencing provisions.
Manhattan Legal Services
- Debevoise and Citizens Bank were honored by Manhattan Legal Services for our many joint representations of low-income New Yorkers applying for naturalization.
Kids In Need Of Defense (KIND)
- A Debevoise team was named by KIND as among their Pro Bono Attorneys of the Year for being “fierce advocates” in our representation of our client, her two sons and her niece who were forcibly separated at the U.S. border under the “zero-tolerance” policy.
- Debevoise’s pro bono program was recognized in a GivX Report, a framework that helps analyze, benchmark and celebrate community investment, as having one of the leading community investment programs among law firms in the UK. The firm was ranked among the top three contributing law firms and our professional volunteering in particular was celebrated as one of the top five out of contributors across all sectors.
LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards
- Debevoise was recognized at the annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards, where the firm was highly commended in the Best International Pro Bono category for our work with the Centre for Reproductive Rights, and won in the Best New Pro Bono Activity category for our work with the UK charity Bail for Immigration Detainees.
Diversity Equity Inclusion
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2022
- Earned a 100% ranking and the designation as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality in the 2022 Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index
Chambers Associate 2023
- Recognized as one of the Leading Firms for Diversity and Inclusion by Chambers Associate 2023.
Asian American Bar Association of New York’s 2023 AABANY Law Firm Diversity Award
- Debevoise received the Asian American Bar Association of New York’s 2023 AABANY Law Firm Diversity Award in recognition of its longstanding commitment to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the legal profession.
Leadership Council on Legal Diversity 2022 Compass Award
- Debevoise was a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (“LCLD”) 2022 Compass Award recipient, recognizing the firm’s continued commitment to building a more diverse and inclusive legal profession.
Law360 Social Impact Leader
- Debevoise was named a 2022 Social Impact Leader by Law360 in its inaugural Social Impact ranking, recognizing the firm’s dedication to racial and ethnic diversity, gender equality, employee engagement and pro bono service.