FCA Publishes Policy Statement on Changes to the Listing Rules
- The new Listing Rules came into effect on 16 May 2014.
- The Financial Conduct Authority (the “FCA”) has published its policy statement which sets out the FCA’s guidance and feedback on comments received to its earlier consultation on the new Listing Rules.
- The FCA has commented and provided guidance, among other matters, on:
- the definition of controlling shareholder;
- agreements with controlling shareholders;
- the dual voting procedure on the cancellation of a premium listing;
- the dual voting procedure on the election of Independent Directors; and
- minimum free float requirements.