European Insurance Compendium Update, August 2017
View Client Update
- Despite Brexit and the recent UK election, regulatory developments in the insurance sector have continued.
- The EC adopted a regulation to promote infrastructure investment by reducing capital charges attached to insurance company investments in infrastructure companies.
- EIOPA, the European insurance regulator, is consulting on extending the Solvency II “look-through approach” to investments in “related undertakings”.
- The UK Government published final draft regulations for insurance-linked securities.
- The FCA is consulting on extending its reforms to unit-linked or with-profit insurance products.
- IAIS, the global body of insurance regulators, released ICS Version 1.0 for extended field testing.