Andrew Levine is a litigation partner who focuses his practice on white collar and regulatory defense, internal investigations and a broad range of complex ...
Read Full Biography
White Collar and Regulatory Defense, and Internal Investigations
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- A major bank in investigations relating to its credit card business by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and several State Attorneys General.
- A leading aircraft engine manufacturer in requests for information made by the UK SFO in connection with intermediaries in overseas markets.
- A major multinational conglomerate in an internal investigation relating to FCPA matters in Mexico.
- A private equity firm in parallel investigations by the SEC and the N.Y. Attorney General concerning alleged “pay-to-play” payments involving public pension funds.
- A major pharmaceutical company in an internal review of its compliance program and related practices.
- A special committee of the board of directors of a major pharmaceutical company in conducting an internal investigation concerning the design and conduct of a clinical trial and the treatment of the trial’s results.
Compliance Advising and Due Diligence
- Prudential Financial in its $350 million partnership with LeapFrog Investments, targeting investments in life insurance companies in Africa.
- Various global companies and private equity firms in conducting anti-corruption and trade compliance due diligence relating to potential transactions and investments around the world.
- A large private equity firm and its portfolio companies in conducting an anti-corruption and trade compliance risk assessment and in advising on enhanced policies, procedures and controls.
- A leading media company in conducting an anti-corruption risk assessment, including with respect to Latin America, and in enhancing relevant policies, procedures and controls.
- A major consumer goods company in providing ongoing advice regarding anti-corruption compliance.
- A large global energy company in FCPA due diligence for a multi-billion dollar acquisition, including on-the-ground interviews and forensic testing in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
- A US-based private equity firm in anti-corruption advice and due diligence regarding the acquisition of a company with significant operations in Asia.
Complex Civil Litigation
- Time Warner Book Group and New York Times editor Timothy L. O’Brien in obtaining summary judgment dismissing a libel suit filed by Donald J. Trump regarding the book TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald.
- Syracuse University in a defamation action brought against it and its head basketball coach, James Boeheim.
- A leading retailer in defending various lawsuits involving trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and other claims.
- A financial services firm and its CEO in achieving the favorable settlement of a high-profile employment litigation involving alleged breaches of contractual and fiduciary obligations.
- Yale Law School, 2002, J.D.
- Yale University, 1997, B.A.