Alisa Waxman is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. Her practice focuses on advising sponsors of private ...
Read Full Biography
- Brookfield Asset Management in various Brazil-focused fundraising activities, including the formation of Agriculture Fund II, a $500 million Brazil agriculture fund.
- Newport Global Advisors in the recapitalization of Newport Global Opportunities Fund LP. In the transaction, investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley, LGT Capital and other syndicate investors committed capital to a newly formed Newport-managed fund that acquired substantially all of the portfolio of the existing fund. Existing limited partners elected to either roll their interests into the new fund or receive cash in respect of their interest.
- GP Investments in a joint venture with a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) to finance the acquisition, through a tender offer in Brazil, of a controlling stake in BR Properties, a Brazilian real estate company.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of various funds and accounts in the energy and energy-related infrastructure sector, including EIG Energy Fund XVI, a $6 billion global fund.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the establishment of its $2 billion credit platform, comprised of multiple fund vehicles and a separately managed account, to make debt investments in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of Harbour Energy, a joint venture with Noble Group Limited to form a company focused on owning and operating upstream and midstream energy assets globally.
- Gávea Investimentos and Vinci Partners in various Brazil-focused fundraising activities.
- Glendon Capital Management in the formation of Glendon Opportunities Fund II, a $2.5 billion global credit opportunities fund.
- Leeds Equity Partners in the formation of Leeds Equity Partners Fund VI, a $760 million U.S. buyout fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of various funds and separate accounts specializing in media, entertainment, communications and information companies, including in the formation of:
- Providence Strategic Growth Fund III, a $1.3 billion North America growth fund.
- Providence Equity Partners VII, a $5.1 billion global fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the sales of minority interests in the firm to a U.S. state pension fund and a non-U.S. sovereign wealth fund, and to a private equity unit of an independent investment manager.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2011, J.D.
- Temple University, 2006, B.A.