Alisa Waxman is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. Her practice focuses on advising sponsors of private ...
Read Full Biography
- Ara Partners, a private equity firm specializing in industrial decarbonization investments with an ESG focus, in the formation of Ara Fund II, a $1.1 billion industrial decarbonization fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the combination of Blackboard, a leading global educational technology software and solutions company, and Anthology, a leading provider of proven higher education solutions.
- PSG in the formation of multiple funds, including in the formation of:
- PSG Europe, a €1.25 billion European growth fund.
- PSG V, a $4.5 billion North America growth fund.
- PSG IV, a $2 billion North America growth fund.
- PSG III, a $1.3 billion North America growth fund.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of multiple funds, including in the formation of:
- Global Infrastructure Partners IV, a $22 billion global infrastructure fund.
- Global Infrastructure Partners Capital Solutions Fund II, a $1.4 billion infrastructure credit fund.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the establishment of GIP Spectrum, a $1.5 billion infrastructure credit platform, comprised of multiple fund vehicles and a separately managed account, focused on loan originations and senior and secured debt investments.
- Global Atlantic in the establishment of Ivy Re, a reinsurance co-investment vehicle designed to co-invest approximately $1 billion with Global Atlantic and its subsidiaries in qualifying reinsurance transactions.
- Brookfield Asset Management in various Brazil-focused fundraising activities, including the formation of Agriculture Fund II, a $500 million Brazil agriculture fund.
- EIG in raising multiple global hybrid debt and structured equity funds focused on investments in energy and energy-related infrastructure, including in the formation of:
- EIG Energy Fund XVII, a $3.1 billion global hybrid debt and structured equity fund.
- Energy Fund XVI, a $6 billion global hybrid debt and structured equity fund.
- EIG in the establishment of its $2 billion credit platform, comprised of multiple fund vehicles and a separately managed account, to make debt investments in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- EIG in the formation of Harbour Energy, a joint venture with Noble Group Limited to form a company focused on owning and operating upstream and midstream energy assets globally.
- Gávea Investimentos and Vinci Partners in various Brazil-focused fundraising activities.
- Glendon Capital Management in the formation of Glendon Opportunities Fund II, a $2.5 billion global credit opportunities fund.
- GP Investments in a joint venture with a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) to finance the acquisition, through a tender offer in Brazil, of a controlling stake in BR Properties, a Brazilian real estate company.
- Leeds Equity Partners in the formation of Leeds Equity Partners Fund VI, a $760 million U.S. buyout fund.
- Leeds Equity Partners in the $100 million recapitalization of Leeds Equity Partners Fund IV.
- Newport Global Advisors in the recapitalization of Newport Global Opportunities Fund LP. In the transaction, investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley, LGT Capital and other syndicate investors committed capital to a newly formed Newport-managed fund that acquired substantially all of the portfolio of the existing fund. Existing limited partners elected to either roll their interests into the new fund or receive cash in respect of their interest.
- Oak HC/FT in the formation of its U.S. venture funds investing in healthcare and financial services sectors, including in the formation of:
- Oak HC/FT Partners IV, a $1.4 billion venture fund.
- Oak HC/FT Partners III, an $800 million venture fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of various funds and separate accounts specializing in media, entertainment, communications and information companies, including in the formation of:
- Providence Equity Partners VIII, a $6 billion global media, entertainment and communications fund.
- Providence Equity Partners VII, a $5.1 billion global fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the sales of minority interests in the firm to a U.S. state pension fund and a non-U.S. sovereign wealth fund, and to a private equity unit of an independent investment manager.
- Providence Equity Partners in a single-asset fund restructuring transaction involving Providence Equity Partners VI. In the transaction, the lead investor committed capital to a newly formed Providence-managed fund that purchased HSE24 Multichannel GmbH from the existing fund.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2011, J.D.
- Temple University, 2006, B.A.