Andrew Levine is a litigation partner who focuses his practice on white collar and regulatory defense, internal investigations and a broad range of complex ...
Read Full Biography
White Collar and Regulatory Defense, and Internal Investigations
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in investigations by several State Attorneys General and a federal regulator into credit card collections and debt sale practices.
- A leading aircraft engine manufacturer in requests for information made by the UK SFO in connection with intermediaries in overseas markets.
- A major multinational conglomerate in an internal investigation relating to FCPA matters in Mexico.
- A private equity firm in parallel investigations by the SEC and the N.Y. Attorney General concerning alleged “pay-to-play” payments involving public pension funds.
- A major pharmaceutical company in an internal review of its compliance program and related practices.
- A special committee of the board of directors of a major pharmaceutical company in conducting an internal investigation concerning the design and conduct of a clinical trial and the treatment of the trial’s results.
Compliance Advising and Due Diligence
- Prudential Financial in its $350 million partnership with LeapFrog Investments, targeting investments in life insurance companies in Africa.
- Various global companies and private equity firms in conducting anti-corruption and trade compliance due diligence relating to potential transactions and investments around the world.
- A large private equity firm and its portfolio companies in conducting an anti-corruption and trade compliance risk assessment and in advising on enhanced policies, procedures and controls.
- A leading media company in conducting an anti-corruption risk assessment, including with respect to Latin America, and in enhancing relevant policies, procedures and controls.
- A major consumer goods company in providing ongoing advice regarding anti-corruption compliance.
- A large global energy company in FCPA due diligence for a multi-billion dollar acquisition, including on-the-ground interviews and forensic testing in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
- A US-based private equity firm in anti-corruption advice and due diligence regarding the acquisition of a company with significant operations in Asia.
Complex Civil Litigation
- Time Warner Book Group and New York Times editor Timothy O'Brien in a libel action brought by Donald J. Trump in connection with the publication of Mr. O'Brien's book "TrumpNation," which was dismissed on motion for summary judgment for failure to demonstrate actual malice.
- Syracuse University in a defamation action brought in New York state court by former ball boys for the University’s basketball team.
- A leading retailer in defending various lawsuits involving trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and other claims.
- A financial services firm and its CEO in achieving the favorable settlement of a high-profile employment litigation involving alleged breaches of contractual and fiduciary obligations.
- Yale Law School, 2002, J.D.
- Yale University, 1997, B.A.