Andrew Levine is a litigation partner who focuses his practice on white collar and regulatory defense, internal investigations and a broad range of complex ...
Read Full Biography
White Collar and Regulatory Defense, and Internal Investigations
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in investigations by several State Attorneys General and a federal regulator into credit card collections and debt sale practices.
- A leading aircraft engine manufacturer in requests for information made by the UK SFO in connection with intermediaries in overseas markets.
- A major multinational conglomerate in an internal investigation relating to FCPA matters in Mexico.
- A private equity firm in parallel investigations by the SEC and the N.Y. Attorney General concerning alleged “pay-to-play” payments involving public pension funds.
- A major pharmaceutical company in an internal review of its compliance program and related practices.
- A Special Committee of the Board of Directors of a major U.S.-based pharmaceutical company in responding to a derivative demand letter broadly alleging misconduct, including securities violations, insider trading and fraud, arising in connection with the results of a clinical trial.
Compliance Advising and Due Diligence
- A major sovereign wealth fund in the development and implementation of its sustainable investing strategy and governance framework.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority stake in the industrial businesses of Roper Technologies, which operates market-leading businesses that design and develop vertical software and application-specific products, in a transaction valued at $3.7 billion.
- Prudential Financial, in partnership with LeapFrog Investments, in its acquisition of a strategic minority interest in Alexander Forbes Group Holdings Limited, a leading provider of financial advice, retirement, investment, and holistic wealth management services in South Africa, by way of a bilateral acquisition from Mercer Africa Limited and a partial tender offer on the JSE to eligible shareholders.
- First Reserve in its role as a strategic investor in Venterra Group, the offshore wind energy services business, as part of Venterra’s third funding round.
- CPPIB Credit Investments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, and OMERS, the defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal sector employees, in separate investments totaling $900 million in Odyssey Group, a U.S. based reinsurance and insurance subsidiary of Fairfax.
- Prudential Financial in its $350 million partnership with LeapFrog Investments, targeting investments in life insurance companies in Africa.
- Various global companies and private equity firms in conducting anti-corruption and trade compliance due diligence relating to potential transactions and investments around the world.
- A large private equity firm and its portfolio companies in conducting an anti-corruption and trade compliance risk assessment and in advising on enhanced policies, procedures and controls.
- A leading media company in conducting an anti-corruption risk assessment, including with respect to Latin America, and in enhancing relevant policies, procedures and controls.
- A major consumer goods company in providing ongoing advice regarding anti-corruption compliance.
- A U.S.-based private equity firm in anti-corruption advice and due diligence regarding the acquisition of a company with significant operations in Asia.
Complex Civil Litigation
- Time Warner Book Group and New York Times editor Timothy O'Brien in a libel action brought by Donald J. Trump in connection with the publication of Mr. O'Brien's book "TrumpNation," which was dismissed on motion for summary judgment for failure to demonstrate actual malice.
- Syracuse University in a defamation action brought in New York state court by former ball boys for the University’s basketball team.
- A leading retailer in defending various lawsuits involving trademark, copyright, unfair competition, and other claims.
- Premier Global Securities Lending and Craig Starble, the former head of State Street's securities lending division, in a lawsuit brought by State Street alleging that Mr. Starble had poached the entire senior management team of State Street's securities lending division to create a competing enterprise, in violation of contractual and fiduciary obligations.
- Yale Law School, 2002, J.D.
- Yale University, 1997, B.A.