After 20 years as a partner in the Litigation Department, Anne Cohen is now a retired partner. Her wide-ranging practice focused on complex tort litigation ...
Read Full Biography
- Represented the Remington Arms Company for 20 years and served as its primary strategic counsel in a variety of products liability matters ranging from individual personal injury suits to municipal suits to class actions brought against the firearms industry. Her representations for Remington include acting as lead counsel in the defense and eventual settlement of a Rule 23(b)(3) class action brought in federal court in Texas alleging economic loss claims by owners of millions of shotguns and directing the successful defense of another economic loss class action, alleging claims under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, which was decertified by Texas appellate courts.
- Represented Hooker Chemical Company in a putative class action brought under the Alien Tort Statute by Vietnamese nationals in the Eastern District of New York against a number of chemical manufacturers, alleging that the use of chemical herbicides during the Vietnam Conflict was a violation of the law of war.
- Was a senior member of the Debevoise team working on behalf of the Compliance Committee of the Supervisory Board of Siemens AG. The firm’s intense two-year effort was described by U.S. prosecutors and regulators as a key to the swift and ground-breaking resolution reached in December 2008 on FCPA claims against the German engineering company.
- The Audit Committee of Telewest, a telecommunications company with principal operations in the United Kingdom, in an internal investigation of certain accounting and billing practices.
- Columbia Law School, 1985, J.D.
- Yale University, 1982, M.S.L.
- Smith College, 1976, A.B.