After 20 years as a partner in the Litigation Department, Anne Cohen is now a retired partner. Her wide-ranging practice focused on complex tort litigation ...
Read Full Biography
- Represented the Remington Arms Company for 20 years and served as its primary strategic counsel in a variety of products liability matters ranging from individual personal injury suits to municipal suits to class actions brought against the firearms industry. Her representations for Remington include acting as lead counsel in the defense and eventual settlement of a Rule 23(b)(3) class action brought in federal court in Texas alleging economic loss claims by owners of millions of shotguns and directing the successful defense of another economic loss class action, alleging claims under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, which was decertified by Texas appellate courts.
- The Audit Committee of Telewest, a telecommunications company with principal operations in the United Kingdom, in an internal investigation of certain accounting and billing practices.
- Columbia Law School, 1985, J.D.
- Yale University, 1982, M.S.L.
- Smith College, 1976, A.B.