Berglind Halldorsdottir Birkland is a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group and is based in New York. Ms. Birkland’s recent representations ...
Read Full Biography
- Tethyan Copper Company in its $6 billion arbitration win against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, which is the second-largest ICSID award ever rendered.
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Government of Peru under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement, arising out of Peru’s measures relating to Agrarian Reform Bonds.
- A publicly listed sporting goods company in a dispute arising out of a distribution agreement, winning dismissal of all claims for over €30 million in addition to an award of attorney’s fees.
- The International Court of Arbitration® of the International Chamber of Commerce as amicus curiae in support of Chevron Corporation’s opposition to the confirmation of an Egyptian arbitral award before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- New York University School of Law, 2009, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, 2006, B.A.