Carl Micarelli is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. His practice has included international commercial and investment arbitration, economic ...
Read Full Biography
- ACP Re, AmTrust Financial Services, National General Holdings, Tower Group Insurance and others in defending claims by holders of trust preferred securities relating to ACP Re’s acquisition of Tower Group Insurance and related transactions.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America and certain other ceding insurers in the rehabilitation proceeding of Scottish Re pending in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in an AUS$2 billion ICC Singapore arbitration concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build a captive Combined Cycle power station on an LNG facility.
- Culligan, its directors, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and its Fund VI in a derivative action brought by Culligan franchise dealers in New York Supreme Court, alleging fraudulent conveyances and breach of fiduciary duty.
- NexBank as agent for lenders, Oaktree Capital Management, Centerbridge and Five Mile, in litigation to enforce guarantees with a Las Vegas real estate investment.
- Pernod Ricard, in obtaining dismissal of ownership claims filed by a Russian Federation entity related to the Stolichnaya trademark.
- A medical device manufacturer in an arbitration arising from an acquisition.
- A major global insurer in a purported class action arising from its acquisition of certain lines of business from an insurer in receivership.
- Several life insurers and other clients in regulatory and other matters arising from the insolvency of other insurance companies.
- Several private equity funds, a major property and casualty insurance company, and other companies and organizations in compliance with U.S. economic sanctions regulations advice.
- A major U.S. industrial corporation with OFAC licensing and compliance issues arising from an overseas acquisition.
- Pernod Ricard and Cubaexport in litigation and other matters related to the United States embargo of Cuba.
- A subsidiary of GOL Airlines in U.S. litigation to enforce a Brazilian arbitral award in a dispute arising from an acquisition.
- Ambev S.A. in the arbitration of a contractual dispute and other matters.
- Yale Law School, 1990, J.D.
- Princeton University, 1987, A.B.