Christopher Boyne is a partner based in the London office, where he works in the Litigation Department. He specialises in complex litigation and has wide-ranging ...
Read Full Biography
- Royal Dutch Shell in its dispute with the Federal Republic of Nigeria in relation to the $1.3 billion purchase of the OPL 245 licence.
- Whiteleave Holdings, a company controlled by Vladimir Potanin, in a shareholder dispute involving Rusal, an aluminium company controlled by Oleg Deripaska, and Crispian, an investment vehicle controlled by Roman Abramovich.
- NLMK in its successful defence in the English High Court against an application to enforce a Russian arbitral award that had been set aside by the Russian courts.
- Robert Tchenguiz and his associated trusts in a commercial court claim against Grant Thornton and others for damages arising out of the Defendants involvement in the SFO’s investigation into Mr Tchenguiz. Debevoise were brought in as part of a new legal team on very short notice. Settlement was reached with a related party shortly after the case had opened.
- BAT Industries in proceedings arising from the $1 billion clean-up of the Fox River in the U.S., including proceedings brought by BAT in the High Court against Appvion and Windward Prospects (certain companies which used to form part of the BAT Group) and proceedings seeking to ensure the recovery of around $800 million in dividends paid by Windward to a company called Sequana.
- Zolfo Cooper as administrators of Bankas Snoras in Commercial Court proceedings against former shareholders and directors arising out of alleged misappropriation of funds and in a related application for a freezing order (including successfully defending the first defendant’s application to have the freezing order set aside).
- PwC as joint administrators of Lehman Brothers on a variety of matters including the client money application that was ultimately before the Supreme Court and the ISDA 2(a) (iii) litigation.
- A large multinational company in an action brought on behalf of foreign nationals alleged to have suffered injuries at a foreign site ultimately owned and controlled by the defendant companies.
- A leading firm of accountants in an investigation by the FRC.
- A major high street bank in proceedings for a declaration concerning the interpretation of certain provisions of a complex relationship agreement.
- PwC as joint administrators of Enron in pursuing a substantial transaction at an undervalue claim.
- A major high street bank in respect of potential shareholder claims and in a related strike out application.
- A defence and aerospace company in LCIA arbitration proceedings for alleged wrongful termination of a service agreement.
- King's College London, 2003, LL.B.