Courtney M. Dankworth is a litigation partner who focuses her practice on internal investigations and regulatory defense, including banking enforcement ...
Read Full Biography
- A major credit card company in responding to a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau investigation regarding consumer card account opening practices.
- A national bank in the successful dismissal of a False Claims Act case related to the servicing of mortgages.
- JPMorgan Chase in investigations by several State Attorneys General and a federal regulator into credit card collections and debt sale practices.
- JPMorgan Chase in matters relating to deficiencies in affidavits filed in state foreclosure proceedings, including State Attorney General and federal investigations.
- The Board of Directors of CBS Corporation in an investigation of sexual harassment allegations against the CEO, senior CBS News personnel, as well as allegations about the corporate culture.
- Marketplace Lending Association in its submission of amicus brief on behalf of a trade association for online marketplace lenders related to ongoing litigation in the State of Colorado.
- Prudential Financial in regulatory inquiries relating to retained-asset accounts.
- Prudential Retirement in an $80 million lawsuit to recover losses in retirement products from misinformation in subprime mortgages.
- Toyota Financial Services in a DOJ and CFPB investigation and settlement relating to fair lending practices.
- Admirals Bank in restructuring operations in the face of complex bank regulatory and enforcement defense issues with the Office of Comptroller of the Currency.
- A foreign bank in responding to a multi-state Attorneys General investigation of its auto lending and dealer management practices.
- A major mortgage servicer in multiple investigations and inquiries by federal and state regulators, including the CFPB, multiple state Attorneys General, and the Multistate Mortgage Committee of state financial regulators, relating to its mortgage servicing practices.
- A major insurance company in launching a pilot mobile application to provide participants with a savings account held via a third party bank.
- A major auto finance company in structuring its data sharing platform with affiliates, including assessing the potential implications under the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- A foreign bank in an internal investigation and Federal Reserve enforcement action relating to bank regulatory compliance practices.
- A national bank in an internal investigation arising out of whistleblower claims related to fair lending and Community Reinvestment Act practices in connection with bank branch locations.
- A leading insurance company in regulatory inquiries relating to a financial services company's promotion of the insurer's individual life insurance policies.
- Harvard Law School, 2006, J.D.
- Harvard University, 2001, A.B.