Douglas Hirn is a tax counsel and a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group.
Mr. Hirn joined Debevoise in 2014. ...
Read Full Biography
- Tikehau Capital in its $300 million inaugural collateralized fund obligation.
- Pantheon as co-lead investor in a €708 million continuation fund, sponsored by DPE Deutsche Private Equity, to invest in two European technology and digital transformation consultancies. The deal won “Secondaries Deal of the Year” in Europe in the Secondaries Investor annual awards.
- Oak HC/FT in the formation of Oak HC/FT Fund V, a $1.94 billion fund investing in healthcare and financial services sectors.
- Discovery, Inc. in the offering of $30 billion of senior unsecured notes in the acquisition of WarnerMedia.
- Fortitude Re, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its acquisition of a $31 billion block of legacy variable annuities from Prudential Financial for a total transaction value of $2.2 billion.
- Core & Main, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $803 million initial public offering.
- Cornerstone Building Brands in the pricing of its $500 million offering of 6.125% unsecured senior notes due 2029.
- TPG Capital in the sale of Adare Pharmaceuticals, a leading specialty contract development and manufacturing organization, to Thomas H. Lee Partners and Frazier Healthcare Partners and the related separation of Adare’s Eosinophilic Esophagitis product into a TPG-backed entity.
- Warner Music Group in its initial public offering of 77 million shares of Class A common stock at a public offering price of $25.00 per share, representing an approximately $1.925 billion offering.
- Vets First Choice in the financing aspects of its merger with the Henry Schein Animal Health business to create Covetrus, a new standalone public company.
- Hojeij Branded Foods in its $330 million sale to Lagardère Travel Retail.
- Providence Service Corporation and LogistiCare in LogistiCare’s acquisition of Circulation, a provider of technology-enabled logistics solutions and analytics for managing non-emergency transportation across healthcare.
- Kelso & Company in its sale of PowerTeam Services to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- Risk Strategies, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of Oxford Risk Management, an established leader in alternative risk and captive insurance and consulting.
- P2 Capital, alongside Silver Lake, in the $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk, a global financial technology company.
- Kelso & Company in its equity investment in Zenith Energy U.S.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the United States.
- Schneider Electric in its $900 million divestiture of Telvent DTN, a leader in providing information services, supply chain connectivity tools and decision support solutions to the agricultural, energy and environmental industries, to TBG AG, a private Swiss holding company.
- Allergan in its $2.47 billion acquisition of ZELTIQ, a medical technology company focused on utilizing its proprietary CoolSculpting controlled-cooling technology platform, the sales leader in the fast-growing body contouring segment of medical aesthetics.
- Johnson & Johnson in its purchase of an exclusive option to acquire Bird Rock Bio, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative immuno-inflammatory regulators that can be used in the treatment of liver disease.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Credit Value Partners, a distressed and high-yield debt investment management business.
- Allergan in its $2.9 billion acquisition of LifeCell Corporation, a regenerative medicine business.
- Tribune Media Company in the $560 million sale of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, to the Nielsen Company.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Cadence Education, a leading provider of early childhood education.
- Providence Service Corporation in a strategic partnership with Frazier Healthcare Partners in Matrix Medical Network.
- Envision Healthcare in its $15 billion merger with AMSURG, creating one of the largest U.S. providers of specialty physicians and hospital-related services.
- American Securities and P2 Capital Partners in their $855 million acquisition of Blount International.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of the J.M. Smucker Company’s U.S. canned milk brands and operations.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of CoAdvantage, a leading Professional Employer Organization.
- J.C. Flowers and Ascensus in the sale of Ascensus to Genstar Capital and Aquiline Capital Partners.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Sirius Computer Solutions, a leading national IT solutions integrator.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Salix Pharmaceuticals, in the $15.8 billion sale of Salix Pharmaceuticals to Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Columbia Law School, 2014, J.D.
- New York University, 2007, M.B.A.
- Ohio State University, 1999, B.A.