Elie J. Worenklein is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Restructuring Group.
Mr. Worenklein joined Debevoise in 2015. Mr. Worenklein ...
Read Full Biography
- Georgia-Pacific and Koch Industries in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Georgia-Pacific affiliate Bestwall in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
- CHC Group, one of the largest global commercial helicopter service companies in the world, as aircraft counsel in its Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, in which CHC successfully restructured more than $2 billion in indebtedness. Debevoise was named joint winners of “Restructuring Deal of the Year (Over $1B to $5B)” at the 12th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards for this representation.
- La Paloma Generating Company, a California-based power producer, in its $524 million Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, a plan for which was successfully confirmed following a disputed confirmation hearing.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in the ongoing highly-publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt.
- Standard General in its highly publicized distressed investment in clothing manufacturer and distributor American Apparel. Debevoise also represented Standard General in American Apparel’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, and in its subsequent case filed in 2017.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $49 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2011, J.D.
- Touro College, 2007, B.S.