Elie J. Worenklein is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Restructuring Group. Mr. Worenklein’s practice focuses on a wide range ...
Read Full Biography
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority stake in the industrial businesses of Roper Technologies, which operates market-leading businesses that design and develop vertical software and application-specific products, in a transaction valued at $3.7 billion.
- Philippine Airlines in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case in New York that implemented a comprehensive restructuring through a pre-arranged plan of reorganization and emergence from bankruptcy with the support of substantially all of its lenders, lessors, aircraft and engine suppliers, and its majority shareholder, allowing PAL to successfully reorganize its finances and fleet to navigate the COVID-19 crisis and become a leaner and better-capitalized airline.
- Georgia-Pacific and Koch Industries in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Georgia-Pacific affiliate Bestwall in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
- McKinsey & Company in multiple bankruptcy proceedings relating to its disclosures as debtor advisor.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in the ongoing highly publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt and their PROMESA Title III proceedings.
- La Paloma Generating Company, a California-based power producer, in its $524 million Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, a plan for which was successfully confirmed following a disputed confirmation hearing.
- CHC Group, one of the largest global commercial helicopter service companies in the world, as aircraft counsel in its Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, in which CHC successfully restructured more than $2 billion in indebtedness. Debevoise was named joint winners of “Restructuring Deal of the Year (Over $1B to $5B)” at the 12th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards for this representation.
- The Mortimer Sackler family group, former directors and shareholders of Purdue Pharma, Inc. and related entities, in prescription opioid litigation in various fora across the country and in the bankruptcy of Purdue Pharma, Inc., which has been filed in the Southern District of New York Bankruptcy Court.
- Standard General in its highly publicized distressed investment in clothing manufacturer and distributor American Apparel. Debevoise also represented Standard General in American Apparel’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, and in its subsequent case filed in 2017.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $49 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy.
- The International Trademark Association (INTA) in amicus briefs filed before the U.S. Supreme Court in Mission Product Holdings v Tempnology.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2011, J.D.
- Touro College, 2007, B.S.