Emilie Hsu is a member of the Corporate Department and focuses her practice on derivatives and structured finance transactions. She represents a wide variety ...
Read Full Biography
- Fortitude Re, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its $28 billion reinsurance transaction with Lincoln Financial Group.
- American International Group and Corebridge Financial, a majority-owned subsidiary of American International Group, in the initial public offering of Corebridge Financial.
- Certain holders of second lien term loans issued by Integro Parent Inc., part of Tysers Insurance Brokers, Ltd., a leading Lloyds independent broker, in a transaction under which AUB Group Limited will acquire Tysers from Odyssey Investment Partners for $615.2 million.
- Manulife, a Canadian multinational insurance company and financial services provider, in its reinsurance deal with Venerable, a provider of risk transfer solutions to variable annuity issuers, releasing approximately $2 billion in capital.
- Jackson and Prudential plc in the separation of Jackson through a demerger, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.5 billion and that establishes Jackson as an independent, publicly-traded company.
- MassMutual in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Great American Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Financial Group.
- Prudential plc and Jackson National in the reinsurance to Athene of $27.6 billion of Jackson’s in-force fixed and fixed index annuities and a $500 million equity investment in Jackson’s holding company.
- A consortium of private equity investors in the proposed acquisition through a competitive auction of equity interests in a privately-held insurance company in China.
- Hertz in its $2.5 billion spin-off of its equipment and rental business.
- Gogo in the private offering of $362 million of its 3.75% convertible senior notes due 2020 and in privately negotiated forward stock purchase transactions of $140 million.
- Footprint Power in the sale of Salem Harbor Energy Station Project to Highstar Fund IV and Toyota Tsusho, an EPC Contract with Iberdrola Energy Projects, to build a 700MW state-of-the-art combined-cycle gas electric generating facility and a $730 million construction financing, a transaction awarded the Project Finance International “2015 Power Deal of the Year of the Americas” award.
- Tenaska Power Fund II in its $1.6 billion term loan to repay acquisition and project-level debt at seven electric generating facilities in the U.S. plus additional construction and term loan facilities, a transaction awarded the IJGlobal “2014 North American Portfolio Deal of the Year” award.
- American International Group in the preparation of a Resolution Plan under section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Columbia Law School, 1997, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1994, A.B.