Fengjian Ao is a corporate associate based in the Shanghai office. Mr. Ao focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions ...
Read Full Biography
- D1 Capital as the lead investor in a convertible preferred shares investment in XTransfer, a China-based fintech company providing cross-border payment services.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Syniverse’s $2.85 billion merger with special purpose acquisition company M3-Brigade Acquisition II Corp. resulting in Syniverse becoming a publicly traded company.
- AIA in its $1.86 billion equity investment in China Post Life.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Twilio’s $750 million investment in Syniverse.
- A consortium of private equity investors in the proposed acquisition through a competitive auction of equity interests in a privately-held insurance company in China.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in the $150 million sale of its Asia Business to Aica Kogyo and the Development Bank of Japan.
- Polyus Gold International in its sale of up to a $1.4 billion stake in PJSC Polyus to Fosun International. (Terminated)
- Greens Power Equipment, a supplier of heat transfer products that are used to enhance energy efficiency, in its $63 million global offering, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The transaction included a Hong Kong public offering and an international offering within and outside the United States.
- American International Group in the sale of a $750 million stake in PICC Property and Casualty by means of a block trade in Hong Kong.
- Ingenico in its strategic partnership with Fosun International and acquisition by Fosun of a 20% minority stake in Ingenico’s Chinese activities.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2014, LL.M.
- National University of Singapore, 2007, LL.M.
- China University of Political Science and Law, 2005, LL.B.