George Maguire, of counsel to the firm, is a member of the firm’s Restructuring Group. He represents debtors and creditors and other parties in workouts ...
Read Full Biography
- Standard General in the $285 million debtor-in-possession financing facility in RadioShack’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- GoldenTree Asset Management and various funds under its management in the out-of-court restructuring and corporate reorganization of Source Home Entertainment.
- Oaktree Capital Management, with TPG Capital and JH Investments, in their $955 million acquisition of the North American businesses of Taylor Wimpey.
- A group of investors, including Oaktree Capital Management and Avenue Capital, in the acquisition of the assets of the Sea Island Resort through its Chapter 11 case.
- Oaktree Capital Management, as one of the largest investors in Woodside Homes, in its comprehensive out-of-court recapitalization led by Oaktree.
- Pegasus Communications Corporation in the Chapter 11 sale of Pegasus Satellite Communications.
- Institutional creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of US Airways, United Airlines and ATA Airlines.
- Novus International in the Chapter 11 case of Solutia.
- Verizon Communications in its acquisition of MCI, a transaction with an equity value of $8.5 billion.
- Noteholders in the restructuring of MXEnergy, an energy trading company. Noteholders received a combination of stock, cash and equity, and became the majority shareholders following the restructuring.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 1986, J.D.
- University of Oxford, 1983, B.A.
- Princeton University, 1980, A.B.