Jennifer Cowan is the firm’s Pro Bono Counsel and a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. She manages the firm’s award-winning ...
Read Full Biography
- Represent plaintiffs in litigation challenging the FBI’s use of the No Fly List as a way to pressure Muslim men to inform on their religious communities. The Supreme Court ruled unanimously in December 2020 that plaintiffs could sue for damages under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and the litigation was remanded to district court.
- Five detainees at Guantanamo Bay pro bono in habeas and other actions, including winning a grant of the writ of habeas corpus and the release of all five clients.
- Ripple with ongoing civil litigation in the Southern District of New York against the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the legal and regulatory status of XRP.
- A global pharmaceutical company in its settlement with the SEC for alleged disclosure failures.
- Oaktree in its settlement with the SEC relating to alleged violations of the pay-to-play provisions of the federal securities laws.
- Carlyle in a New Mexico qui tam action brought against numerous private equity firms under that State's false claims statute.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA in various state and federal investigations relating to vehicle acceleration issues. These included 29 state attorney general investigations, congressional inquiries, SEC investigations, and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, all of which settled without any criminal convictions for the company.
- Columbia Law School, 1997, J.D.
- Barnard College, 1991, B.A.