Jennifer Cowan is the firm’s Pro Bono Counsel and a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. She manages the firm’s pro bono program, ...
Read Full Biography
- The Carlyle Group in a New Mexico qui tam action brought against numerous private equity firms under that State's false claims statute.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA in various state and federal investigations relating to vehicle acceleration issues. These included 29 state attorney general investigations, congressional inquiries, SEC investigations, and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, all of which settled without any criminal convictions for the company.
- Five detainees at Guantanamo Bay pro bono in habeas and other actions, including the release of two clients and winning a grant of the writ of habeas corpus and release of a third client in 2013.
- Columbia Law School, 1997, J.D.
- Barnard College, 1991, B.A.