Dual-qualified in England and the United States, Kate Ashton is a corporate partner with a broad international practice, including extensive experience ...
Read Full Biography
- HarbourVest Partners in its secondary acquisition of a majority interest in Digital Prosperity Fund I and an associated co-investment vehicle, both managed by Amadeus Capital Partners, from MTN Group.
- A leading secondaries fund sponsor in its acquisition of a portfolio of venture capital and private equity interests from a major European private equity manager.
- HarbourVest Partners in its role in the £1.2 billion take-private acquisition of UK insurer esure.
- A U.S. private equity fund in a complex GP fund restructuring involving the establishment of a new fund to acquire assets.
- A U.S. private equity fund in co-investments in various jurisdictions, including France, Sweden, Denmark, Spain and Poland.
- Temasek in its strategic investment in BluJay Solutions, a leading provider of supply chain software and services.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition of stakes in MML Capital Partners Funds V and VI from Varma Mutual Fund Pension Insurance Company.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in its investment in Datamars.
- HarbourVest Partners in its £806.6 million acquisition of the investment portfolio of SVG Capital, a publicly-listed investment fund. The acquisition followed an initial £1,015 million takeover offer by HarbourVest Partners for SVG Capital. The deal has been recognized by various industry award schemes, including the PEI Awards and being named Private Equity Deal Of The Year at the IFLR European Awards.
- HarbourVest Partners in its secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests from multiple sellers in funds managed by Indigo Capital Partners.
- HarbourVest Partners in its €360 million acquisition, through a fund managed by Compass Partners International, of five portfolio companies from Bridgepoint Capital.
- HarbourVest Partners, Neuberger Berman, HQ Capital and Idinvest Partners in the acquisition of limited partnership interests and a related stapled investment in funds managed by Mandarin Capital Partners.
- HarbourVest Partners in the admission of HarbourVest Global Private Equity to the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- HarbourVest Partners in the €400 million secondary acquisition, through a newly-formed fund managed by Portobello Capital, of the private equity portfolio of Portobello Capital II LP, as part of a fund restructuring.
- HarbourVest Partners as a selling shareholder, together with Exponent, in the purchase of Trainline by KKR.
- HarbourVest Partners in its $806 million acquisition of Absolute Private Equity, a Swiss publicly-listed investment fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in its €190 million secondary acquisition of interests in Magnum Capital from existing investors in a structured tender, together with a stapled primary investment.
- HarbourVest Partners in its €333 million secondary purchase of the majority of interests in Motion Equity Partners II, as part of a tail-end solution for that fund.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the finance aspects of its restructuring of its investment in Viken, a distressed Norwegian shipping group.
- HarbourVest Partners in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the private equity fund interests and direct co-investments of Conversus Capital.
- HarbourVest Partners in its co-investment with IK Investment Partners in the Salad Signature group, a Dutch and Belgian food business.
- Brookwell Limited, a closed-end investment company organised in Guernsey, on its 2008 international placing and listing of shares on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange and its subsequent 2011 reorganisation, placing and listing of a newly created class of shares on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- HarbourVest Partners in the secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests in Doughty Hanson & Co Limited Partnerships IV and V, and proposed commitment to Doughty Hanson & Co Limited Partnerships VI, in a stapled transaction.
- Renaissance Capital and Atlas Capital (a spin-out from GLG Partners) in their complex debt investment in a distressed Kazakh company and related U.S. and other litigation.
- Prosperity Capital Management, as sponsor, in its offering of shares in Prosperity Quest II, a managed investment fund, and proposed listing on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange.
- Prosperity Capital Management in its offering of shares in New Russian Generation Limited, a managed investment fund, including an abortive listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Trustees of Great Lakes (UK) Limited Pension Plan, a major creditor, in the bankruptcy proceeding of Chemtura Corporation.
- Trustees of the 1983 Sea Containers Pension Scheme, the largest single creditor of Sea Containers Limited, in its concurrent U.S. Chapter 11 and Bermuda bankruptcy proceedings.
- HarbourVest Global Private Equity in the $830 million global initial public offering and listing on Euronext Amsterdam of its managed fund-of-funds vehicle, including the acquisition of $679 million of existing limited partnership interests.
- HarbourVest Partners as co-investor in the 2012 take-private of Omega Pharma, and its subsequent sale in 2014 to Perrigo Company for €3.6 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, BAML Private Equity and The Carlyle Group in the European $2.9 billion asset-based financing of the $15 billion acquisition of The Hertz Corporation.
- Globo in the restructuring of in excess of $1.3 billion of international bond and international and Brazilian bank debt.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- Harvard University, A.B.