Kim T. Le is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Group. She is also active in the firm’s Data Strategy ...
Read Full Biography
- Gentiva, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading hospice, palliative, and personal care company, in its acquisition of Heartland hospice and home care.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority stake in the industrial businesses of Roper Technologies, which operates market-leading businesses that design and develop vertical software and application-specific products, in a transaction valued at $3.7 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% interest in Humana’s Kindred at Home Hospice and Personal Care divisions, valued at $3.4 billion.
- Resonetics, a leader in micro-manufacturing for the medical device and diagnostics equipment, in its acquisition of EaglePicher Medical Power, a medical device manufacturer.
- Blackstone as lead investor in DNAnexus’ $200 million financing round.
- LIBERTY Dental Plan Corporation, a dental benefits administrator, in its sale of a majority stake in LIBERTY to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a private equity firm.
- Carlyle in its strategic partnership with Orsini, an independent specialty pharmacy focused on rare diseases, gene therapies and complex conditions.
- Carestream Dental, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading provider of dental technology, in the $600 million carve-out sale of its Scanning Technology business to Envista, a leading global dental products company.
- Kindred Healthcare, a TPG portfolio company and leading specialty hospital company delivering acute health services, in its sale to LifePoint Health, a leader in the delivery of community-based care.
- Carlyle in its investment in Resonetics, a leader in micro-manufacturing for the medical device and diagnostics equipment industries, valuing the company at approximately $2.25 billion.
- HealthEdge and its controlling shareholder, Blackstone, in the acquisition of Wellframe, a digital health management company.
- Carlyle in its strategic growth investment and acquisition of a majority stake in Saama, a leading AI-driven intelligent clinical cloud company that enables the life sciences industry to conduct faster and safer clinical developments and regulatory programs, valuing the company at up to $430 million.
- Sun Life in its $2.475 billion acquisition of DentaQuest.
- agilon health and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the $587 million secondary offering of agilon health common stock.
- Blackstone in its investment in Medable, the leading cloud platform for patient-centered clinical research, valuing Medable at $2.1 billion.
- Blackstone as a lead investor in the formation of Hydrogen Health.
- agilon health in its $1.2 billion initial public offering.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Millennium Physician Group, one of the largest independent primary care practices in the country.
- CPP Investments as lead investor in a $400 million Series C financing for insitro, a machine learning-driven drug discovery and development company.
- Blackstone in its investment in Ginger, a leader in on-demand behavioral healthcare.
- Carlyle in its $2.6 billion sale of MedRisk to CVC Capital Partners.
- HCA Healthcare in its acquisition of a majority stake in Brookdale Health Care Services, the home health, hospice and outpatient therapy business of Brookdale Senior Living.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to AmerisourceBergen, in AmerisourceBergen’s acquisition of Alliance Healthcare from Walgreens Boots Alliance for approximately $6.5 billion in cash and stock.
- HealthEdge and its controlling shareholder, Blackstone, in the acquisition of Altruista, a care management software company that delivers care management and population health management solutions that support value-based and person-centered care models.
- StepStone Group as lead investor in the $670 million closing of Ampersand Continuation Fund, together with related investment vehicles, formed to acquire the equity interests of three portfolio companies previously held by multiple mature Ampersand funds.
- Blackstone in its investment in Bright Health as part of a $500 million Series E funding financing round, particularly with respect to health regulatory and data privacy and security compliance.
- HealthEdge and its controlling shareholder, Blackstone, in the acquisition of The Burgess Group, an innovative payment integrity software company focused on improving healthcare payment operations through a cloud-based technology platform, particularly with respect to health regulatory and data privacy and security compliance.
- Precision Medical Group in its investment from funds managed by Blackstone.
- Leading private equity firms in physician practice management transactions and provider entity investments.
- Fortune 500 companies and other large, multi-lateral organizations on managed care market entry, scale-up, regulatory compliance, and strategic growth initiatives.
- Numerous provider entities, healthcare technology companies, and service vendors in addressing complex HIPAA compliance issues.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2008, J.D.
- University of Birmingham, Wolfson Centre for Medical Education, 2004, M.S.
- University of Maryland, 2003, B.A.