Peter J. Loughran is a corporate partner and member of the firm’s Capital Markets Group. He concentrates his practice in capital markets transactions ...
Read Full Biography
- Principal Financial Group in the offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of 5.375% Senior Notes due 2033 and $300 million aggregate principal amount of 5.500% Senior Notes due 2053.
- Manulife in its $750 million U.S. offering of 3.703% senior “green” notes due 2032.
- International Paper, a global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products, in the separation and spin-off of its global printing papers business, Sylvamo, and related financing arrangements.
- Jackson and Prudential plc in the separation of Jackson through a demerger, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.5 billion and that establishes Jackson as an independent, publicly-traded company.
- Core & Main, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $803 million initial public offering.
- Artera Services, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $250 million tack-on offering of senior secured first priority notes.
- Manulife in its $500 million MJDS offering of 2.484% senior notes due 2027.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $250 million convertible preferred equity investment in Covetrus, a global leader in animal-health technology and services.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Core & Main in the offer and sale of $300 million of 8.625%/9.375% Senior PIK Toggle Notes due 2024 to fund a distribution to the holders of partnership units in Core & Main as part of a dividend recapitalization transaction.
- Brighthouse Financial in its offer and sale (by means of a shelf takedown) of 17 million depositary shares, each representing a 1/1,000th interest in a share of the Company’s preferred stock, at a price of $25 per depositary share for gross proceeds of approximately $425 million. The transaction marks the first preferred stock issuance by Brighthouse.
- Principal Financial Group in its $500 million offering of 3.700% senior notes due 2029 to finance the $1.2 billion acquisition of Wells Fargo & Company’s Institutional Retirement & Trust business.
- AXA Equitable Holdings in the offer and sale of $862.5 million of mandatorily exchangeable securities.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- Principal Financial Group in the offer and sale of $400 million P-Caps of High Street Funding Trust I Redeemable 2028.
- The ServiceMaster Company in its $750 million offering of 5.125% senior notes due 2024.
- International Paper in its $2.3 billion offering of 3.000% senior notes due 2027 and 4.400% senior notes due 2047.
- Envision Healthcare in its $15 billion merger with AMSURG, creating one of the largest U.S. providers of specialty physicians and hospital-related services.
- International Paper in the offer and sale of its $750 million commercial paper program.
- SiteOne Landscape Supply in its $241.5 million initial public offering and in several secondary offerings totaling approximately $1.2 billion.
- Barclays and Credit Suisse, as lead underwriters, in the $169 million initial public offering by GMS.
- Manulife in its registered MJDS offering of $1.75 billion of senior notes consisting of $1.0 billion of 4.150% senior notes due 2026 and $750 million of 5.375% senior notes due 2046.
- American International Group in a registered secondary offering of $3.4 billion of AerCap Holdings N.V. ordinary shares and a private sale of $750 million of AerCap Holdings N.V. ordinary shares to AerCap Holdings N.V. for $250 million in cash and $500 million of 6.50% fixed-to-floating rate junior subordinated notes issued by AerCap Global Aviation Trust.
- Tribune Media in its $518.7 million secondary offering of common stock.
- The D. E. Shaw Group as selling shareholder of James River Group in its $246.6 million initial public offering.
- ServiceMaster Global Holdings in its $702 million initial public offering.
- Envision Healthcare, in its offering of $750 million of senior notes and in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- Credit Suisse and Goldman, Sachs & Co. as joint-bookrunning managers in the $377.4 million secondary offering of common stock by KAR Auction Services.
- Credit Suisse, Citigroup, BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, UBS Investment Bank, Jefferies, J.P. Morgan and RBC Capital Markets as underwriters in the $301.8 million secondary offering of common units of CVR Partners.
- American International Group in its $6.45 billion sale of ordinary shares of AIA Group.
- Columbia Law School, 1989, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 1986, A.B.