Robert Nelson-Sullivan is a tax associate.
Mr. Nelson-Sullivan joined Debevoise in 2016. Mr. Nelson-Sullivan received a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School summa ...
Read Full Biography
- Qatar Investment Authority in its $375 million co-investment in Elon Musk’s proposed take private acquisition of Twitter.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of Abingworth, a transatlantic life sciences investment firm with over $2 billion in assets under management.
- S&S Activewear, a leading American imprintable apparel wholesale company and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of TSF Sportswear, a multi-line wholesaler.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of and $500 million capital contribution to Ohio National, as part of Ohio National’s demutualization process.
- Prudential Financial, in partnership with LeapFrog Investments, in its acquisition of a strategic minority interest in Alexander Forbes Group Holdings Limited, a leading provider of financial advice, retirement, investment, and holistic wealth management services in South Africa.
- Paradigm in the formation of Paradigm One, a $2.5 billion crypto venture fund, which will invest in the next generation of crypto companies and protocols across all stages and geographies.
- A major investor in Envigo, a pharmaceutical and biotechnology research provider, in the sale of Envigo to Inotiv, a drug discovery and development contract research organization, for a total transaction value of approximately $545 million.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Syniverse’s $2.85 billion merger with special purpose acquisition company M3-Brigade Acquisition II Corp. resulting in Syniverse becoming a publicly traded company.
- Cornerstone Building Brands in the $168 million sale of its roll-up sheet door business, DBCI, to Janus.
- Core & Main, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $803 million initial public offering.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company, as part of Columbian’s demutualization process.
- Cornerstone Building Brands in the sale of its Insulated Metal Panels business to Nucor for $1 billion in cash.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $3.7 billion take-private acquisition of UDG Healthcare.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Twilio’s $750 million investment in Syniverse.
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Inmark.
- UPC in the transfer of personal lines business in four states to HCI.
- Unum Group in its agreement to reinsure a substantial portion of its Closed Individual Disability Insurance Block business to a subsidiary of Global Atlantic.
- Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management in their investment in a Quid Capital venture, which will offer liquidity benefits to shareholders of high-growth private technology companies.
- Aveva Group, a global leader in industrial software, in its $5 billion acquisition of OSIsoft.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Radio Systems Corporation, a market-leading provider of innovative pet product solutions.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and Cadence Education in the sale of Cadence Education to Apax Partners.
- Aflac Global Investments, a subsidiary of Aflac, in its $3 billion strategic partnership with Varagon Capital Partners.
- Pernod Ricard in its $223 million acquisition of Castle Brands.
- AFP Habitat in its acquisition of Colfondos from Scotiabank and Mercantil Colpatria.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of CoAdvantage to Aquiline Capital.
- Elliott Management in its $683 million acquisition of Barnes & Noble, the largest retail bookseller in the U.S.
- NCI Building Systems in its unit purchase agreement with Environmental Materials, LLC.
- Vets First Choice in the financing aspects of its merger with the Henry Schein Animal Health business to create Covetrus, a new standalone public company.
- Providence Service Corporation and LogistiCare in LogistiCare’s acquisition of Circulation, a provider of technology-enabled logistics solutions and analytics for managing non-emergency transportation across healthcare.
- Prudential Financial in its life insurance joint venture with CT Corp in Indonesia.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2016, J.D.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2011, LL.M.
- University of Oxford, 2006, B.A.