Sarah Lee is a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group in New York. Her practice focuses on public international law and international ...
Read Full Biography
- Perenco Ecuador in securing an ICSID award against the Republic of Ecuador worth over $390 million plus interest, net of cost recovery and other factors, which is the largest compensation any tribunal has awarded in connection with Ecuador’s Law 42. Ecuador has committed to pay the Award voluntarily, unconditionally and in full.
- The Republic of Iraq in a complete dismissal of claims for over US$650 million brought by Agility Warehousing Company relating to a telecommunications investment, substantially prevailing on jurisdictional objections and achieving a complete victory for the Republic on the merits with a full award of costs, in the first ICSID arbitration brought against the Republic. The Debevoise team was recognized as The American Lawyer’s Litigators of the Week for their win.
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Government of Peru under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement, arising out of Peru’s measures relating to Agrarian Reform Bonds.
- The Republic of Iraq in successfully defending ICSID claims brought by Itisaluna Iraq LLC and others under the OIC Agreement arising out of a dispute concerning the telecommunications sector. In the jurisdictional stage, we contended that the Parties to the dispute had not consented in writing to submit the dispute to ICSID arbitration. The tribunal dismissed all claims for lack of jurisdiction and awarded close to two-thirds of costs to the Republic.
- Harvard Law School, 2016, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2013, B.A.