Sarah Lee is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on international dispute resolution and public international law.
Ms. Lee joined Debevoise ...
Read Full Biography
- The Republic of Iraq in defending claims brought by Agility Warehousing Company relating to a telecommunications investment, substantially prevailing on dispositive jurisdictional objections and recovering almost 90% of claimed costs.
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Government of Peru under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement, arising out of Peru’s measures relating to Agrarian Reform Bonds.
- The Republic of Iraq in successfully defending ICSID claims brought by Itisaluna Iraq LLC and others under the OIC Agreement arising out of a dispute concerning the telecommunications sector. In the jurisdictional stage, we contended that the Parties to the dispute had not consented in writing to submit the dispute to ICSID arbitration. The tribunal dismissed all claims for lack of jurisdiction and awarded close to two-thirds of costs to the Republic.
- Perenco Ecuador, prevailing on novel jurisdictional and merits issues in an ICSID arbitration arising out of the Republic of Ecuador’s unilateral increase of its participation to 99% of all revenues from oil sales above a fixed “reference price” and its declaration that Perenco’s contracts had come to an end. Perenco is now entitled to approximately US$435 million, net of cost recovery and other factors, which is the largest compensation amount that any investment tribunal has awarded against Ecuador for its imposition of Law 42.
- Harvard Law School, 2016, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2013, B.A.