Sergio Torres is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Latin America Groups. His practice ...
Read Full Biography
- Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Arcmont Asset Management, a private debt management firm.
- Kelso & Company and its portfolio company, Eagle Family Foods Group, in their acquisition of General Mills’ Helper main meals and Suddenly Salad side dishes businesses, in a transaction valued at approximately $610 million.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority interest in Inovar Packaging Group, a full-service provider of pressure sensitive labels, shrink sleeves and flexibles for a wide range of industries.
- Carlyle in its strategic partnership with Orsini, an independent specialty pharmacy focused on rare diseases, gene therapies and complex conditions.
- Dover Corporation, a diversified global manufacturer and global services provider, in its $631 million acquisition of Engineered Controls International.
- Gympass, a corporate wellbeing platform, in the acquisition of Trainiac, a leading one-on-one personal training fitness platform.
- Carlyle in its strategic growth investment and acquisition of a majority stake in Saama, a leading AI-driven intelligent clinical cloud company that enables the life sciences industry to conduct faster and safer clinical developments and regulatory programs, valuing the company at up to $430 million.
- HealthEdge and its controlling shareholder, Blackstone, in the acquisition of Wellframe, a digital health management company.
- Blackstone in its investment in Medable, the leading cloud platform for patient-centered clinical research, valuing Medable at $2.1 billion.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Syniverse’s $2.85 billion merger, later terminated, with special purpose acquisition company M3-Brigade Acquisition II Corp. resulting in Syniverse becoming a publicly traded company.
- Naviera Ultranav in the combination of Ultragas ApS’s fleet business with Navigator Holdings. The combined entity will have an aggregate net asset value of approximately $1.3 billion.
- BTG Pactual in its asset management joint venture with Kawa Capital Management, a Florida-based hedge fund with $1.8 billion in assets under management.
- Investcorp in its strategic partnership with Centre Lane Partners, a private credit manager.
- Kindred Healthcare in the sale of its RehabCare business line, a provider of contract therapy services in 43 states, to Select Rehabilitation, a leading provider of contract rehabilitation services.
- Carlyle in its majority investment in TriNetX, a leading global health research network optimizing clinical research to bring new therapies to market faster.
- The Special Committee of Liberty Broadband in Liberty Broadband’s $10.59 billion acquisition of GCI Liberty.
- International Paper in the sale of its Brazilian corrugated packaging business to Klabin.
- Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A. in a 144A/Reg S offering of $500 million of its 4.875% senior unsecured notes due 2030.
- Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A. in a tender offer to purchase for cash its senior notes due 2022.
- Emergent Cold Storage, an Elliott Management portfolio company, in its sale to Lineage Logistics, the world’s largest refrigerated-storage company by space.
- Risk Strategies, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of two of Gowrie Holdings subsidiaries, Maritime Program Group and Gowrie Group.
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its joint investment, with DENSO Corporation and SoftBank Vision Fund, in Uber’s Advanced Technologies Group.
- Risk Strategies, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of Krauter & Company, a leading specialty firm focused on the risk and insurance needs of private equity firms and their portfolio companies nationwide.
- NCI Building Systems in its unit purchase agreement with Environmental Materials, LLC.
- Elliott Management in its equity investment in Emergent Cold Storage, a global cold storage chain business.
- Ply Gem and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in Ply Gem’s $5.5 billion stock-for-stock combination with NCI Building Systems.
- A Japanese utility as a member of an investor group in the group’s acquisition of majority ownership interests in Kleen Energy Systems, LLC, which operates a 620-megawatt natural gas-fired power plant located in Middletown, Connecticut. As part of the transaction, an affiliate of Ares EIF will manage the Kleen Energy power plant on behalf of the investor group.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Electrical Components International, the world’s leading manufacturer of wire harnesses, control boxes and value-added assembly services, from KPS Capital Partners.
- Globo in an offering of $200 million of senior secured exchangeable notes of Pontis IV mandatorily exchangeable for 5.125% senior notes due 2025 of Globo.
- An affiliate of Globo in the merger of Zap, a subsidiary of Globo, with Viva Real, forming one of the leading digital real estate portal companies in Brazil.
- Ambev S.A. in the acquisition of a 30% interest in Cervecería Nacional Dominicana (CND), the leading beer company in the Caribbean, and the restructuring of its joint venture with E. León Jimenes, in a transaction valued at $926.5 million.
- Stanford Law School, 2016, LL.M.
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, 2009, M.B.A.
- University of Blumenau, Brazil, 2008, Law Degree