Sergio Torres is a corporate associate and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Latin America Groups. He has worked on domestic ...
Read Full Biography
- Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A. in a 144A/Reg S offering of $500 million of its 4.875% senior unsecured notes due 2030.
- Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A. in a tender offer to purchase for cash its senior notes due 2022.
- Emergent Cold Storage, an Elliott Management portfolio company, in its sale to Lineage Logistics.
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its joint investment, with DENSO Corporation and SoftBank Vision Fund, in Uber’s Advanced Technologies Group.
- Risk Strategies, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of Krauter & Company, a leading specialty firm focused on the risk and insurance needs of private equity firms and their portfolio companies nationwide.
- NCI Building Systems in its unit purchase agreement with Environmental Materials, LLC.
- Elliott Management in its equity investment in Emergent Cold Storage, a global cold storage chain business.
- Ply Gem and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in Ply Gem’s $5.5 billion stock-for-stock combination with NCI Building Systems.
- A Japanese utility as a member of an investor group in the group’s acquisition of majority ownership interests in Kleen Energy Systems, LLC, which operates a 620-megawatt natural gas-fired power plant located in Middletown, Connecticut. As part of the transaction, an affiliate of Ares EIF will manage the Kleen Energy power plant on behalf of the investor group.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Electrical Components International, the world’s leading manufacturer of wire harnesses, control boxes and value-added assembly services, from KPS Capital Partners.
- Globo in an offering of $200 million of senior secured exchangeable notes of Pontis IV mandatorily exchangeable for 5.125% senior notes due 2025 of Globo.
- An affiliate of Globo in the merger of Zap, a subsidiary of Globo, with Viva Real, forming one of the leading digital real estate portal companies in Brazil.
- Ambev S.A. in the acquisition of a 30% interest in Cervecería Nacional Dominicana (CND), the leading beer company in the Caribbean, and the restructuring of its joint venture with E. León Jimenes, in a transaction valued at $926.5 million.
- Stanford Law School, 2016, LL.M.
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, 2009, M.B.A.
- University of Blumenau, Brazil, 2008, Law Degree