Shawn Yang is a corporate associate based in our Hong Kong office. Mr. Yang’s practice focuses on international private equity transactions.
Read Full Biography
- Advantage Partners in the formation of its inaugural Asia Fund investing in small to mid-cap companies across Asia, with total commitments of $380 million.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of:
- Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VII, a $6.5 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- BPEA Real Estate II, a $1 billion Asia real estate fund.
- Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, a $4 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- Various co-investment vehicles, including Project Bach, a $1.8 billion co-investment formed in connection with the $4.3 billion buyout of NYSE-listed Nord Anglia Education.
- HarbourVest Partners in various fund investments and secondary transactions.
- Hony Capital in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of Hony Capital Fund VIII, a $2.2 billion China buyout fund.
- Morgan Stanley in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of:
- North Haven Infrastructure Partners II, a $3.6 billion global infrastructure fund.
- Morgan Stanley Credit Partners II, a $963 million credit opportunities fund.
- North Haven Thai Fund, a $440 million Thai buyout fund.
- Navis Capital Partners in the formation of Navis Asia Fund VII, a $1.4 billion Asia buyout fund.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in multiple representations, including:
- An investment in The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India.
- An investment in a $4.5 billion Asia buyout fund.
- An investment in a $4 billion Asia buyout fund.
- A sale of secondary interests in a $3 billion Asia buyout Fund.
- An investment in a $1 billion Asia buyout fund.
- StepStone Group as the lead investor in a sponsor-led acquisition of unrealized assets from an existing Blackbird fund.
- VIG Partners in the formation of VIG Partners International Fund III, a $600 million fund targeting investment in Korea.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2012, J.D.
- University of Southern California, 2008, B.A.