Shawn Yang is an international counsel based in our Hong Kong office. Mr. Yang’s practice focuses on international private equity transactions.
Read Full Biography
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the formation of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund XI, a $16 billion North America and Western Europe fund.
- Advantage Partners in the formation of its inaugural Asia Fund investing in small to mid-cap companies across Asia, with total commitments of $380 million.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of:
- Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VII, a $6.5 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- BPEA Real Estate II, a $1 billion Asia real estate fund.
- Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, a $4 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- Various co-investment vehicles, including Project Bach, a $1.8 billion co-investment formed in connection with the $4.3 billion buyout of NYSE-listed Nord Anglia Education.
- HarbourVest Partners in various fund investments and secondary transactions.
- Hony Capital in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of Hony Capital Fund VIII, a $2.2 billion China buyout fund.
- KKR in the formation of KKR Asia Pacific Infrastructure Investors, a $3.9 billion Asia Pacific infrastructure fund.
- Morgan Stanley in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of:
- North Haven Infrastructure Partners II, a $3.6 billion global infrastructure fund.
- Morgan Stanley Credit Partners II, a $963 million credit opportunities fund.
- North Haven Thai Fund, a $440 million Thai buyout fund.
- Navis Capital Partners in the formation of Navis Asia Fund VII, a $1.4 billion Asia buyout fund.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in multiple representations, including:
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its investment in The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India. The deal won the “Private Equity Deal of the Year” category at the IFLR1000 India Awards.
- An investment in a $4.5 billion Asia buyout fund.
- An investment in a $4 billion Asia buyout fund.
- A sale of secondary interests in a $3 billion Asia buyout Fund.
- An investment in a $1 billion Asia buyout fund.
- StepStone Group as the lead investor in a sponsor-led acquisition of unrealized assets from an existing Blackbird fund.
- VIG Partners in the formation of VIG Partners International Fund III, a $600 million fund targeting investment in Korea.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2012, J.D.
- University of Southern California, 2008, B.A.