Shawn Yang is a partner of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP and registered foreign lawyer, based in the Hong Kong office. He is a member of the firm’s ...
Read Full Biography
- Baring Private Equity Asia in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of:
- Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VII, a $6.5 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- BPEA RE II, a $1 billion pan-Asian real estate fund.
- Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, a $4 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- Various co-investment vehicles, including Project Bach, a $1.8 billion co-investment formed in connection with the $4.3 billion buyout of NYSE-listed Nord Anglia Education.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the formation of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund XI, a $16 billion North America and Western Europe fund.
- HarbourVest Partners, TPG NewQuest and Committed Advisors as the lead investors in CSP Fund II, a $700 million continuation vehicle sponsored by a partnership between Capital Square Partners and Basil Technology Partners to acquire a portfolio of companies from existing funds.
- HarbourVest Partners in various fund investments and secondary transactions.
- Hony Capital in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of Hony Capital Fund VIII, a $2.2 billion China buyout fund.
- KKR in the formation of KKR Asia Pacific Infrastructure Investors, a $3.9 billion Asia Pacific infrastructure fund.
- Morgan Stanley in multiple fundraisings, including the formation of:
- North Haven Infrastructure Partners II, a $3.6 billion global infrastructure fund.
- Morgan Stanley Credit Partners II, a $963 million credit opportunities fund.
- North Haven Thai Fund, a $440 million Thai buyout fund.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in select investor-side transactions including an investment in The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India. The deal won the “Private Equity Deal of the Year” category at the IFLR1000 India Awards.
- Sequoia Capital in the formation of Sequoia China Infrastructure Fund, Sequoia’s inaugural China-focused infrastructure fund.
- True North in its acquisition of a significant minority stake in Accion Group Holdings, a Pittsburg-based digital and innovation engineering company, from TA Associates and other shareholders.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2012, J.D.
- University of Southern California, 2008, B.A.