Winston M. Paes is a litigation partner and a member of the White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group. His practice focuses on white collar criminal ...
Read Full Biography
- A global financial institution in a DOJ investigation of potential FCPA violations involving its private equity arm, resulting in the DOJ declining prosecution and closing its investigation.
- A large European financial institution in an SEC insider trading investigation that resulted in the SEC closing its investigation.
- A major financial institution in SEC and DFS investigations related to financial reporting and internal controls issues.
- A global financial institution in government investigations into Russian money laundering activity.
- A former senior executive of a global healthcare company in DOJ and SEC investigations of potential accounting and FCPA issues.
- A senior trader at large financial institutions in a DOJ investigation for alleged fraud in auctions and trading of securities issued by the Treasury Department.
- A Japanese global trading and investment company in a DOJ investigation of potential sanctions violations.
- An individual in a DOJ/SEC insider trading investigation and prosecution.
- A Special Committee of the Board of Trustees of the University of Rochester in an independent investigation of all claims alleged in EEOC and federal complaints filed by eight current and former University faculty members and students.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2003, J.D.
- Stony Brook University, B.A.