Winston M. Paes is a litigation partner and a member of the White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group. He is a seasoned trial lawyer and advises clients ...
Read Full Biography
- A global financial institution in a DOJ investigation of potential FCPA violations involving its private equity arm, resulting in the DOJ declining prosecution and closing its investigation.
- A large European financial institution in an SEC insider trading investigation that resulted in the SEC closing its investigation.
- A global consulting company in multiple bankruptcy proceedings and related matters, including a trial, concerning disclosure practices.
- A major financial institution in SEC and DFS investigations related to financial reporting and internal controls issues.
- A global fintech company in an internal investigation focused on compliance and personnel issues.
- A leading asset management firm and its professionals in a DOJ investigation focused on alleged fraud in corporate debt financing transactions.
- A charitable foundation in a civil forfeiture action in federal court.
- A global financial institution in government investigations into Russian money laundering activity.
- The founder and CEO of an online pharmaceutical company in a DOJ investigation related to alleged healthcare fraud and violations of the federal anti-kickback statute.
- The Chair of the Board of a global healthcare management provider & biotechnology developer in a DOJ investigation of alleged trade secret and intellectual property theft.
- The Chair of the Board and senior executives of a publicly traded company in an internal audit and investigation focused on related party transactions.
- A former senior executive of a global healthcare company in DOJ and SEC investigations of potential accounting and FCPA issues.
- A senior trader at large financial institutions in a DOJ investigation for alleged fraud in auctions and trading of securities issued by the Treasury Department.
- A Japanese global trading and investment company in a DOJ investigation of potential sanctions violations.
- An individual in DOJ and SEC investigations and prosecutions for insider trading.
- The owner and director of a Singapore-based commodities company in a DOJ prosecution for alleged bank fraud and sanctions violations.
- A New York university hospital in an internal investigation related to allegations of sexual abuse by one of its former physicians.
- A Special Committee of the Board of Trustees of the University of Rochester in an independent investigation of all claims alleged in EEOC and federal complaints filed by eight current and former University faculty members and students.
- The co-founder of a real estate capital advisory firm in a New York Attorney General’s investigation of alleged mortgage fraud.
- Ongoing compliance advice to clients regarding the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, various banking regulators, and anti-money laundering.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2003, J.D.
- Stony Brook University, B.A.