Zachary Saltzman is a partner based in the New York office and a member of the Litigation Department. His practice focuses on Commercial/Civil Litigation, ...
Read Full Biography
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in a seven day bench trial resulting in an award of $75 million in damages and pre-judgment interest. The case stemmed from an attempted 2017 transaction in which Resolution Life sought to sell its Nebraska-based life insurance company, Lincoln Benefit Life, to Global Bankers Insurance Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, its Fund VIII, and certain CD&R partners as defendants in shareholder litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery challenging the multibillion dollar stock-for-stock merger of Ply Gem with NCI Building Systems.
- Various companies in the AIG Group in their successful appeal of $100 million judgment concerning claims brought by multiple former employees in connection with bonuses allegedly payable under the terms of a deferred compensation scheme.
- NexBank as agent for lenders, Oaktree Capital Management, Centerbridge and Five Mile, in litigation to enforce guarantees with a Las Vegas real estate investment.
- Culligan, its directors, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and its Fund VI in a derivative action brought by Culligan franchise dealers in New York Supreme Court, alleging fraudulent conveyances and breach of fiduciary duty.
- The National Basketball Association in the negotiation and application of collective bargaining agreement provisions relating to player compensation.
- A leading telecommunications and digital media company in an LCIA arbitration of a contractual dispute arising out of the purchase of assets in multiple jurisdictions, winning a complete victory on indemnification claims of over €139 million, defeating counterclaims of over €84 million, and obtaining a substantial costs award.
- Eutelsat SA, in obtaining an injunction preventing the former CEO of its Latin American business from violating provisions of its equity compensation plans.
- Barrick Gold and seven of its current and former officers and directors in a securities class action arising from the development of a mining project in South America.
- A major insurance company seeking to enforce contract rights related to a $5 billion M&A transaction in an ICC arbitration.
- A publicly listed sporting goods company in a dispute arising out of a distribution agreement, winning dismissal of all claims for over €30 million in addition to an award of attorney’s fees.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2012, J.D.
- New York University, 2008, B.A.