Andrew Ahern is a corporate partner based in New York and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising sponsors ...
Read Full Biography
- Sequoia Capital in the formation of Sequoia Capital Global Growth Fund III – Endurance Partners, an $8 billion global venture fund.
- Oak HC/FT in the formation of Oak HC/FT Partners III, an $800 million U.S. venture/ growth equity fund investing in healthcare and financial services sectors.
- Providence Equity Partners in raising multiple buyout, credit and growth funds, including in the formation of:
- Providence Equity Partners VIII, a $6 billion global media, entertainment and communications fund.
- Providence Strategic Growth Fund IV, a $2 billion North America growth fund.
- Providence Strategic Growth Fund III, a $1.3 billion North America growth fund.
- Providence Equity Partners VII, a $5.1 billion global media, entertainment and communications fund.
- Providence Equity Partners VI, a $12.1 billion global buyout fund focused on investments in media and communication companies.
- Providence TMT Debt Opportunity Fund II, a $721 million global senior credit and credit opportunities fund.
- Providence TMT Special Situations Fund, a $1.1 billion credit fund focused on investments in media and communication companies.
- EIG in raising multiple global hybrid debt and structured equity funds focused on investments in energy and energy-related infrastructure, including in the formation of:
- EIG Energy Fund XVII, a $3.1 billion global hybrid debt and structured equity fund.
- Energy Fund XVI, a $6 billion global hybrid debt and structured equity fund.
- EIG Energy Fund XV, a $4.1 billion global hybrid debt and structured equity fund.
- EIG in the establishment of its $2 billion credit platform, comprised of multiple fund vehicles and a separately managed account, to make debt investments in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of private equity funds and separate accounts with a variety of strategies, including in the formation of:
- HarbourVest Partners X, a $1.9 billion investment program.
- HarbourVest Partners Co-Investment Fund IV, a $1.75 billion global buyout/growth equity fund.
- Gramercy in raising multiple distressed credit funds, including in the formation of:
- Gramercy Capital Solutions Fund, a $300 million emerging markets credit fund.
- Gramercy Distressed Opportunity Fund III, a $1 billion emerging markets distressed credit fund.
- Gramercy Distressed Opportunity Fund II, a $300 million emerging markets distressed credit fund.
- Audax Management Company in the formation of Audax Direct Lending Solutions Fund, a $1.6 billion global direct lending fund.
- JF Lehman in the formation of JFL Equity Investors IV, an $833 million buyout fund.
- Leeds Equity Partners in the formation of Leeds Equity Partners Fund VI, a $760 million U.S. buyout fund.
- VWH Capital Management in the formation of VWH Master Fund, a $500 million U.S. residential real estate fund.
- Newport Global Advisors in the formation of Newport Global Opportunities Fund, a $500 million global distressed debt fund.
- EQT in the formation of EQT Credit Fund II, an €874 million Europe credit opportunities fund.
Secondaries and Other Transactions
- Providence Equity Partners on its GP-led stapled tender offer for Providence Equity Partners VII.
- Providence Equity Partners in the sales of minority interests in the firm to a U.S. state pension fund and a non-U.S. sovereign wealth fund, and to a private equity unit of an independent investment manager.
- Providence Equity Partners in the combination of Benefit Street Partners and Franklin Templeton Investments.
- EIG in the formation of Harbour Energy, a joint venture with Noble Group Limited to form a company focused on owning and operating upstream and midstream energy assets globally.
- EIG in its sale of a minority interest to China Investment Corporation.
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in Lime Rock Partners IV AF, L.P., a $1.9 billion acquisition fund which acquired the remaining assets of Lime Rock Partners IV, L.P.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of-funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- HarbourVest Partners and a consortium of investors in the indirect acquisition of a $650 million portfolio of private equity and hedge fund interests; through the acquisition of 40% of the outstanding limited partnership interests in The Endowment PMF Master Fund, L.P., a registered investment company and passively managed fund of funds.
- Leeds Equity Partners in the $100 million recapitalization of Leeds Equity Partners Fund IV.
- Newport Global Advisors in the recapitalization of Newport Global Opportunities Fund LP. In the transaction, investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley, LGT Capital and other syndicate investors committed capital to a newly formed Newport-managed fund that acquired substantially all of the portfolio of the existing fund. Existing limited partners elected to either roll their interests into the new fund or receive cash in respect of their interest.
- AAC Capital Partners, the former management team of ABN AMRO Capital, in its spinout from ABN AMRO Capital.
- Columbia Law School, 2005, J.D.
- Bucknell University, 2002, B.A.