Ben Lee Friedman is a counsel.
Mr. Friedman joined Debevoise in 2014. From 2012 to 2014, he clerked for the Hon. Juan F. Vasquez of the United States ...
Read Full Biography
- Spirit Airlines in its $600 million secured notes offering, backed by assets and intellectual property of Spirit’s Free Spirit and Spirit Saver$ Club programs.
- The Joint Committee of the Board of Directors of BGC Partners in BGC Partners’ conversion into a corporate structure.
- Wilton Re, a majority-owned reinsurance company of CPP Investments, in its sale of Ivari, a Toronto-based life insurance company, to Sagicor Financial Company.
- Spirit Airlines in its sale to JetBlue for $3.8 billion.
- LIBERTY Dental Plan Corporation, a dental benefits administrator, in its sale of a majority stake in LIBERTY to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a private equity firm.
- Spirit Airlines in its merger, later terminated, with Frontier Group Holdings, parent company of Frontier Airlines, in a transaction valued at $6.6 billion.
- Carlyle in its strategic growth investment and acquisition of a majority stake in Saama, a leading AI-driven intelligent clinical cloud company that enables the life sciences industry to conduct faster and safer clinical developments and regulatory programs, valuing the company at up to $430 million.
- Discovery, Inc. in the acquisition of WarnerMedia from AT&T in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction that values the combined entity at approximately $130 billion.
- Lannett Company in its $585 million comprehensive refinancing.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of a strategic minority stake in Uplight, the technology partner of energy providers transitioning to clean energy, in a transaction valuing Uplight at approximately $1.5 billion.
- MassMutual in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Great American Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Financial Group.
- Ambac Financial Group, a financial services holding company, in its acquisition of Xchange Benefits and Xchange Affinity Underwriting Agency, property and casualty managing general underwriters.
- Kindred Healthcare in the sale of its RehabCare business line, a provider of contract therapy services in 43 states, to Select Rehabilitation, a leading provider of contract rehabilitation services.
- JetBlue in its $808 million 2020-1 EETC offering and $116 million 2019-1B EETC offering.
- Gogo, the leading inflight Internet company, in the successful sale of its commercial aviation business to Intelsat, which was in Chapter 11 at the time of the transaction, for $400 million.
- Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air Industries in their $1.17 billion inaugural EETC offering.
- The Special Committee of Liberty Broadband in Liberty Broadband’s $10.59 billion acquisition of GCI Liberty.
- Prudential Financial in its $1.9 billion sale of Prudential Life Insurance of Korea to KB Financial Group.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- Hojeij Branded Foods in its $330 million sale to Lagardère Travel Retail.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of an outstanding interest in NEP Group from Crestview Partners.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- American Airlines in first-ever JOLCO to a U.S. airline involving Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Tokyo Branch, a transaction awarded the “Jolco Finance Deal of the Year: Americas” by Global Transport Finance for its “pioneering Jolco structure”.
- Discovery, Inc. in its $14.6 billion acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of Global Infrastructure Partners III, a $15.8 billion infrastructure fund.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited as selling shareholders and Univar in the $315.6 million secondary offering of common stock of Univar.
- American Coastal Insurance Company and its parent, RDX Holding Corp., in its merger with United Insurance Holdings Corp.
- J.C. Flowers and Ascensus in the sale of Ascensus to Genstar Capital and Aquiline Capital Partners.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- New York University School of Law, 2012, LL.M.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2011, J.D.
- University of Florida Warrington College of Business, 2007, B.S.