Brandon Fetzer is an associate in the Litigation Department. His practice focuses on securities and shareholder disputes, consumer class actions and complex ...
Read Full Biography
- Arcesium in a trade secret and breach of contract litigation dispute brought by SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. and its affiliate Advent Software.
- The Special Litigation Committee of the Board of Directors of PPG Industries, Inc. in the investigation of shareholder demands and obtaining dismissal of parallel state and federal lawsuits in the first case to apply Pennsylvania’s recently enacted statute governing shareholder demands.
- Robinhood Markets and affiliates in a putative securities class action based on an alleged breach of a broker’s duty of best execution.
- Robinhood Markets and affiliates in defeating class certification in a putative consumer class action based on an alleged failure to prevent customers from placing trades for securities subject to a T1 halt.
- Robinhood Markets and affiliates in multiple putative class action lawsuits arising from outages on Robinhood’s trading platform.
- Foundation Medicine in a California false advertising litigation filed by a competitor over methods of validating genomic assays of cancer cells.
- A Special Committee of the Board of Trustees of the University of Rochester in an independent investigation of all claims alleged in EEOC and federal complaints filed by eight current and former University faculty members and students.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners in their $327 million litigation win against TerraForm for breach of contract arising from the plaintiffs’ sale of First Wind Holdings, LLC to TerraForm and SunEdison Inc.
- D. E. Shaw and Madison Dearborn Partners, as holders of exchangeable notes and other claims against SunEdison in SunEdison’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, and in obtaining dismissal of a $300 million avoidance action seeking to claw back transfers made as part of a complex transaction related to the $2.4 billion sale of a renewable energy company.
- MetLife, its Board of Directors and certain officers in securities class actions arising from the company’s practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- Prudential Insurance, in successful dismissal of a lawsuit commenced by three former executives alleging violations of the New Jersey whistleblower statute.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2014, J.D.
- Canisius College, 2012, B.A.