Burt Rosen is of counsel and a member of the firm’s Tax Department. He is also a member of the Equipment Finance, Project Finance and Structured ...
Read Full Biography
- Guardian Life Insurance in the establishment of its $3 billion global funding agreement-backed debt issuance program, including its inaugural offering of $500 million offering of funding agreement-backed fixed rate notes due 2021.
- PartnerRe in its €750 million debut Eurobond offering of 1.25% notes due 2026.
- NLMK in its $700 million Eurobond offering of 4.5% loan participation notes due 2023, and a related tender offer for its outstanding notes due 2018 and 2019 for the aggregate principal amount of $571 million.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $12 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s sponsor lending business, including Antares Capital, the leading lender to middle market private equity sponsors in the U.S.
- Exor as insurance M&A counsel in its contested $6.9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe, a Bermuda-based reinsurance company.
- American International Group in the $7.6 billion sale of its 100% interest in International Lease Finance Corporation to NYSE-listed AerCap Holdings N.V.
- HD Supply in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- WMG Acquisition in the incurrence of a $600 million “covenant lite” secured term loan facility and a $150 million secured revolving facility as well as the issuance of $500 million 6.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2021 and €175 million 6.25% Senior Secured Notes due 2021 to refinance $1.25 billion of its secured notes.
- Reynolds Group in its $4.5 billion acquisition of Graham Packaging Company.
- Access Industries in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Emergency Medical Services Corporation.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.05 billion acquisition of David's Bridal.
- Reynolds Group in its acquisition of Reynolds Consumer Products and Closure Systems International and the associated financings and refinancings, a group of transactions valued at $3.2 billion.
- Itaú Unibanco Holding in its establishment of a $10 billion medium term note program and ongoing U.S. regulatory matters.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its 46% investment in JohnsonDiversey, a transaction valued at $2.6 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $7.1 billion acquisition with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts of U.S. Foodservice from Royal Ahold NV.
- Misys in the combination of its healthcare business with Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, resulting in Misys owning a 54.5% interest in Allscripts-Misys Healthcare Solutions.
- Delta Air Lines and Comair, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings, involving the refinancing of more than 275 aircraft via new debt or lease arrangements, the return or other disposition of more than 140 aircraft, the elimination of four aircraft types from Delta’s fleet and the litigation of substantial aircraft financing claims.
- Westpac, one of the largest banks in Australia, in numerous global securities offerings, including a number of Tier 1 debt offerings.
- University of Michigan Law School, 1979, J.D.
- University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 1976, B.A.
- University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 1976, B.S.