Cameron Sim is an international counsel in the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group. He specializes in international arbitration and complex ...
Read Full Biography
Banking & Finance
- A Russian bank in parallel LCIA arbitration proceedings concerning breaches of Cypriot guarantees.
- A Russian bank in English litigation to enforce security over a super yacht.
- A PRC asset management group advising on a shareholder dispute and related litigation in the German courts.
- An international finance company advising on a prospective SIAC arbitration in respect of force majeure rights.
- A Russian state-owned gas company in SCC arbitration proceedings concerning disputes with foreign investors relating to carbon credits under the Kyoto Protocol.
- An Egyptian oil and gas company in LCIA arbitration proceedings concerning upstream oil operations in the Republic of the Sudan.
- A Central Asian state-owned gas company in cost recovery claims under long-term production sharing agreement.
- An international construction company in remedies available under bilateral investment treaties in respect of measures taken against the operation of LNG plants.
- An international oil and gas company in a dispute concerning the construction of a Central Asian pipeline.
- An international pharmaceutical company in an ICC emergency arbitration concerning supply obligations.
- An international pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration concerning JV disputes.
- A Dutch life sciences company in ICC arbitration proceedings concerning a contractual dispute with a U.S.-based advisory firm.
- One of the largest asset management firms in the PRC in a private equity dispute, including obtaining awards valued at $1.6 billion in HKIAC and parallel ICC arbitrations (Hong Kong) and DIS arbitration (Frankfurt) concerning disputed private equity investments in German, Israeli, and US portfolio companies; acting in various ancillary court proceedings in the Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, Mainland China, the Netherlands, and St Kitts & Nevis, including applications for injunctive relief, disclosure orders, and contempt; and obtaining the appointment of receivers over a Cayman Islands fund in the Hong Kong High Court in support of an ICC arbitration.
- A PRC asset management group in parallel LCIA arbitrations concerning breaches of covenants agreed as part of the sale of a portfolio investment.
- A private equity fund in an ICC arbitration concerning disputed put and tag-along rights in a shareholders agreement.
- The general partner in a Cayman Islands fund and its director in an HKIAC arbitration concerning an alleged fraud and default under a loan agreement with a British Virgin Islands company, including obtaining injunction and disclosure orders to restrain breaches of arbitral confidentiality.
- The general partner in a Cayman Islands fund and its director in an HKIAC arbitration commenced by the fund’s limited partner in relation to alleged fraud and breaches of a limited partnership agreement.
- The general partner in a Cayman fund and its director in obtaining the discharge of freezing and disclosure orders in the Hong Kong High Court.
Retail and Technology
- A bitcoin mining company on breaches of shareholder agreements.
- A German technology company in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings concerning a pricing dispute arising from a joint venture in Central Europe.
- An international retail company in the settlement of claims concerning the termination of a joint venture for the distribution and manufacture of products in Argentina and Brazil.
- A PRC retailer in the settlement of claims concerning an equity transfer agreement and prospective HKIAC arbitration.
- A private equity fund in ICC arbitration proceedings arising from a telecoms dispute based in Africa.
- A private equity fund in an ICC arbitration arising from a shareholder dispute based in Africa and ancillary litigation in Angola, the British Virgin Islands, France, and the Netherlands.
- University of Oxford, 2012, BCL (distinction)
- University of Melbourne, 2009, B.A.
- University of Melbourne, 2009, LL.B. (First Class Honours)