Chen Xu is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group.
Mr. Xu is recognized as an “associate to watch” ...
Read Full Biography
- Oaktree Capital Management as a lead investor in the $890 million recapitalization of Patriot National Bancorp, parent company of a nationally chartered bank, in its merger with American Challenger, an entity formed in 2020 to establish a new digital national bank.
- IDB Bank, the largest Israeli bank operating in the U.S., in the creation of IDB Lido Wealth, a new strategic partnership and joint venture with Lido Advisors, a full-service, independent RIA.
- Fortitude Re, a Carlyle Group portfolio company, in its acquisition of a $31 billion block of legacy variable annuities from Prudential Financial for a total transaction value of $2.2 billion.
- The European Banking Federation in its response to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's request for public comment on how the Volcker Rule implementing regulations should be revised.
- Harbinger Group and its subsidiary Front Street Re, in the acquisition of Ability Re by way of a merger of Ability Re with and into Front Street Re, with Front Street Re as the surviving entity.
- Prudential Financial in three related financing transactions, pursuant to which an insurance subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Prudential Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, received asset-backed notes totaling $500 million in order to finance its statutory surplus.
- Columbia Law School, 2013, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, 2010, B.A.