Christopher S. Ford is an associate in the Litigation Department who is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group and Data Strategy ...
Read Full Biography
- Ripple with ongoing civil litigation in the Southern District of New York against the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the legal and regulatory status of XRP.
- Oliver Thomas in a complete victory at trial defeating MZ Wallace’s trade dress infringement claim involving a quilted handbag design.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- Merck KGaA in trademark infringement, false advertising cybersquatting, and breach of contract litigation against Merck & Co.
- An internal review for a special committee of a large retailer arising from a data breach.
- Viacom in a negotiated resolution with the New York State Attorney General relating to compliance of Viacom websites with the federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Viacom in multidistrict litigation, In re Nickelodeon Consumer Privacy Litigation, and two class action matters Ali v. Viacom International Inc., and Mock v. Viacom Inc., alleging that Viacom sent unwanted text messages to mobile phone subscribers in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA in various state and federal investigations relating to vehicle acceleration issues. These included 29 state attorney general investigations, congressional inquiries, SEC investigations, and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, all of which settled without any criminal convictions for the company.
- Duke University School of Law, 2012, J.D.
- Swarthmore College, 2007, B.A.