Daniel Farrell is a Counsel based in the New York office and is a member of the Real Estate Group. His practice focuses on real estate acquisitions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Providence Equity Partners in its investment in a multi-decade lease for nine marquee billboards at Two Times Square and 1600 Broadway from Universal Branding Group.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a programmatic joint venture between CPPIB and affiliates of Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC to pursue single-family rental opportunities in the U.S.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a programmatic joint venture between CPPIB and Bridge Industrial to develop industrial properties in several core markets across the U.S.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in the formation of a co-GP entity with Sterling Bay Companies and a subsidiary vertical joint venture with Harrison Street Real Estate, as well as the closing of a construction loan, all relating to the acquisition and development of a life sciences building at Lincoln Yards in Chicago, IL.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its joint venture with Greystar Real Estate Partners to pursue life science real estate development opportunities in leading U.S. life science markets.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in the sale of The Girard, a multi-family development in Boston’s South End neighborhood, to Equity Residential.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its sale of The Rivington, a luxury apartment building in Hoboken, NJ.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in the $510 million acquisition and related financing of Groupon’s headquarters located in Chicago, IL in a joint venture with Sterling Bay.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management, as advisor to a large domestic pension fund, in establishing a programmatic general partnership joint venture with L&L Holding to invest in New York City real estate. (Terminated)
- International Paper in the $1.8 billion combination of its North America Consumer Packaging business with Graphic Packaging.
- Westfield in the transfer of Westfield Carlsbad, a 1.1 million-square-foot super regional enclosed mall located in Carlsbad, CA, to Rouse Properties.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its joint venture acquisition and financing of Ink Block, a mixed-used project on the site of the old Boston Herald headquarters in Boston, MA.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its acquisition of Edgewater Apartments, a luxury apartment building in Philadelphia, PA.
- A foreign investor in the acquisition of an interest, recapitalization and construction financing for an investment vehicle sponsored by Tishman Speyer Properties that is developing The Spiral, a 2.85 million-square-foot tower in the Hudson Yards district of New York City.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its acquisition of Calhoun Square, an urban retail center in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis, MN.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its joint venture acquisition and financing of an office building located at 195 Broadway in New York City.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in the acquisition of an office building located at 125 West 55th Street in New York City.
- Westfield in the acquisition of the Port Authority’s remaining 50% interest in the World Trade Center retail facilities for $800 million.
- Westfield in its purchase of additional property and the modification of its existing joint venture relating to Valencia Mall.
- Mitsui in establishing a significant joint venture with Celanese to manufacture methanol at Celanese’s plant in Clear Lake, Texas.
- GE Asset Management, DRA Advisors, Prosperitas Investimentos and other fund sponsors in the formation and management of various real estate private equity funds.
- General Electric Pension Trust in various joint venture investments and investments in real estate private equity funds.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2004, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 2000, B.S.B.A.