Daniel Priest is a tax associate. His practice concentrates on advising clients on a broad range of M&A and financing transactions, with a focus on ...
Read Full Biography
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.4 billion take private of Ply Gem and acquisition of Atrium Windows & Doors, two leading building products companies.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- Cornell Capital as a leading investor in the $2.05 billion acquisition of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Time in its $2.8 billion sale to Meredith.
- International Paper in the $1.8 billion combination of its North America Consumer Packaging business with Graphic Packaging.
- American International Group in the sale of its medical stop-loss operations to Tokio Marine HCC.
- Eagle Foods, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of Popcorn, Indiana, a maker of ready-to-eat popcorn products.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of Global Infrastructure Partners III, a $15.8 billion infrastructure fund.
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Premia Holdings, a newly-formed property and casualty insurance and reinsurance group focused on providing runoff solutions.
- GSO Capital Partners in the formation of Capital Opportunities Fund III, a $6.5 billion global mezzanine fund.
- International Paper in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Universal American’s Traditional Insurance business.
- Sun Life in two reinsurance agreements, and a related administrative agreement, with affiliates of Enstar Group Limited.
- Protective Life in its acquisition by reinsurance of certain in-force blocks of term life insurance from Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Company.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, in its $217.2 million acquisition of The Phoenix Companies.
- Sun Life Financial in its $975 million acquisition of Assurant’s Employee Benefits business.
- StanCorp Financial Group in its $5 billion sale to Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company.
- Footprint Power in the sale of Salem Harbor Energy Station Project to Highstar Fund IV and Toyota Tsusho, an EPC Contract with Iberdrola Energy Projects, to build a 700MW state-of-the-art combined-cycle gas electric generating facility and a $730 million construction financing, a transaction awarded the Project Finance International “2015 Power Deal of the Year of the Americas” award.
- Harbinger Group and its subsidiary Front Street Re, in the acquisition of Ability Re by way of a merger of Ability Re with and into Front Street Re, with Front Street Re as the surviving entity.
- Blackstone Group’s Tactical Opportunities Group in the acquisition of Philadelphia Financial Group from Tiptree Financial.
- GSO Capital Partners in certain energy and debt hybrid hedge fund-related activities.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Wilton Re, a U.S. life insurance and reinsurance provider.
- The Hertz Corporation in the separation by spinoff of its Herc Rentals equipment rental business and $5.385 billion in related financings, including $2.4 billion Hertz term and revolving credit facilities, a $1.75 billion Herc asset-based revolving credit facility, and $1.235 billion in secured second priority Herc bonds.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of PharMEDium, a leading provider of sterile compounding services to hospital pharmacies.
- EQT in the formation of EQT Credit Fund II, an €845 million Europe credit opportunities fund.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Durcon, a manufacturer of laboratory-grade work surfaces.
- AXA Financial in the $1.06 billion sale of MONY Life Insurance Company and reinsurance of an in-force book of life insurance policies to Protective Life Insurance Company.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of Global Infrastructure Partners II, an $8.25 billion infrastructure fund.
- Sun Life Financial in the $1.35 billion sale of certain of its U.S. subsidiaries.
- New York University School of Law, 2010, J.D.
- Carleton College, 2007, B.A.