David Schwartz is a corporate partner and Head of the Investment Management Group. He is also a member of the Private Equity Group. Mr. Schwartz represents ...
Read Full Biography
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in Lime Rock Partners IV AF, L.P., a $1.9 billion acquisition fund which acquired the remaining assets of Lime Rock Partners IV, L.P.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of HarbourVest 2017 Global Fund, a $354 million global fund of funds.
- HarbourVest Partners in its role as a lead investor in the restructuring of Eos Capital Partners III and Eos Capital Partners IV.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of HarbourVest Partners Co-Investment Fund IV, a $1.75 billion global buyout/growth equity fund.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management in the formation of Och-Ziff Real Estate Credit Fund, a $736 million U.S. credit opportunities/real estate fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in its £806.6 million acquisition of the investment portfolio of SVG Capital, a publicly listed investment fund. The acquisition followed an initial £1,015 million takeover offer by HarbourVest Partners for SVG Capital. The deal has been recognized by various industry award schemes, including the PEI Awards and being named Private Equity Deal Of The Year at the IFLR European Awards.
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners in the formation of North Haven Infrastructure Partners II, a $3.6 billion global infrastructure fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of-funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- HarbourVest Partners in the admission of HarbourVest Global Private Equity to the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of HIPEP VII Investment Program, a $2 billion global investment program.
- HarbourVest Partners and a consortium of investors in the indirect acquisition of a $650 million portfolio of private equity and hedge fund interests; this investment was structured through a complex acquisition of 40% of the outstanding limited partnership interests in The Endowment PMF Master Fund, L.P., a registered investment company and passively managed fund of funds.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management in the formation of Och-Ziff Real Estate Fund III, a $1.5 billion U.S. real estate fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of Dover Street IX, a $4.77 billion global secondaries fund.
- Clearwater Capital in the formation of Clearwater Capital Partners IV, a $373 million Asia distressed debt fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the private equity fund interests and direct co-investments of Conversus Capital.
- Capital International in the formation of Capital International Private Equity Fund VI, a $3 billion global emerging markets fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in its $806 million acquisition of Absolute Private Equity, a Swiss publicly-listed investment fund.
- HarbourVest Partners and Paul Capital Advisors, as part of a consortium providing equity financing for the formation of NewQuest Asia Fund and its acquisition of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's non-real estate private equity portfolio in Asia.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition of the Lehman Brothers Venture Partners business.
- HarbourVest Partners, Pantheon Ventures, Partners Group and Paul Capital Partners, as part of a consortium financing the going private acquisition of Macquarie Capital Alliance Group.
- HarbourVest Global Private Equity in the $830 million global initial public offering and listing on Euronext Amsterdam of its managed fund-of-funds vehicle, including the acquisition of $679 million of existing limited partnership interests.
- HarbourVest Partners in a newly established fund managed by Nova Capital with equity provided by Nova Capital’s limited partners, including Nova, and secondary funds managed by HarbourVest Partners and Landmark Partners, which fund was established to acquire a portfolio of businesses within Newell Rubbermaid’s Hardware group in North America for $214 million.
- Ford Foundation and several sovereign wealth funds in their respective investments in growth equity and buyout funds.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of HarbourVest Partners X, a $1.9 billion investment program.
- University of Michigan Law School, 1979, J.D.
- University of Michigan, 1975, A.B.