Elliot Greenfield is a litigation partner whose practice focuses on complex civil litigation. He has significant experience defending companies and officers ...
Read Full Biography
- VMware, Inc. in both a putative securities class action and a separate derivative lawsuit in the Northern District of California regarding the company’s backlog accounting.
- Robinhood Markets and affiliates in multiple putative class action lawsuits arising from outages on Robinhood’s trading platform.
- Tribune Media Company in the successful dismissal of a securities class action arising from the failed acquisition of Tribune by Sinclair Broadcast Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and associated funds in the successful dismissal of securities class action related to the company’s sale of its interest in Envision Healthcare Corporation.
- The former Chief Financial Officer of Hertz in the successful dismissal, affirmed by the Third Circuit, of a putative securities class action litigation arising from the restatement of Hertz’s financial results.
- Clearway Energy (formerly NRG Yield) in the successful dismissal, in California State court, of a putative securities class action alleging misrepresentations relating to energy production at a wind farm.
- Syncora Holdings (previously Security Capital Assurance) and four former executives in the successful dismissal of a securities class action alleging that Syncora misrepresented and failed to disclose its exposure to subprime-related risk.
- MetLife, its Board of Directors and certain officers in securities class action and derivative litigation arising from the company’s practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- MetLife and certain of its officers and directors in the successful dismissal with prejudice of a securities class action, two consumer class actions and multiple derivative lawsuits arising from the company’s practices with regard to group annuity benefits.
- Barrick Gold Corporation, a Canadian mining company, and three of its current and former executives in a securities class action arising from alleged misrepresentations regarding the predicted cost, timing and production estimates of a multibillion dollar gold and silver mining development in South America.
- Providence Equity Partners in winning summary judgment in the Delaware Court of Chancery, affirmed by the Delaware Supreme Court, in a shareholder class action lawsuit challenging Providence’s $1.9 billion acquisition of SRA International.
- Tribune Media Company in its lawsuit against Sinclair Broadcast Group in connection with the failed $3.9 billion acquisition of Tribune by Sinclair.
- The Special Committee and independent members of the Board of Directors of Dell in defeating requests for a preliminary injunction and obtaining dismissal of 26 stockholder class actions challenging $25 billion going-private transaction.
- The Board of Directors of Monsanto in its $66 billion sale to Bayer.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- CIFG Assurance North America as a plaintiff in a successful action – won on an early, pre-discovery summary judgment motion – for breach of a reinsurance contract.
- Disney, NBC Universal and CBS Broadcasting in a copyright dispute with Aereo, which intercepts their over-the-air broadcast signals, converts them and retransmits those broadcasts over the internet.
- Independent directors of News Corporation in allegations relating to phone-hacking in the United Kingdom.
- Swiss Re Financial Products Corp. in claims seeking to avoid payments made pursuant to a credit default swap.
- Juan Sebastian Montes, a former executive of Petroleos de Venezuela, in litigation involving the Michael Kenwood Group.
- New York University School of Law, 2005, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, 2001, Ph.D.
- Wesleyan University, 1994, B.A.