Mr. Greenfield is a highly regarded civil litigator who focuses his practice on securities and shareholder disputes, FinTech and digital asset litigation, ...
Read Full Biography
- Uniswap, its founder and venture capital firm Union Square Ventures in the successful dismissal of a securities class action related to tokens issued by third parties and sold on the Uniswap protocol.
- Tether and Bitfinex in the successful dismissal of a class action related to alleged misrepresentations regarding the sufficiency of reserves for Tether tokens.
- Tether, Bitfinex and related entities in a putative class action asserting Commodities Exchange Act, antitrust and fraud claims based on alleged manipulation of the price of cryptocommodities.
- Hypersphere Capital Management, investment manager of a Polkadot-focused cryptocurrency fund, and related entities in litigation with an investor regarding the payment of incentive compensation.
- Robinhood Markets and affiliates in a putative securities class action based on an alleged breach of a broker’s duty of best execution.
- Robinhood Markets and affiliates in defeating class certification in a putative consumer class action based on an alleged failure to prevent customers from placing trades for securities subject to a T1 halt.
- VMware, Inc. in both a putative securities class action and a separate derivative lawsuit in the Northern District of California regarding the company’s backlog accounting.
- Robinhood Markets and affiliates in multiple putative class action lawsuits arising from outages on Robinhood’s trading platform.
- Tribune Media Company in the successful dismissal of a securities class action, affirmed by the Seventh Circuit, arising from the failed acquisition of Tribune by Sinclair Broadcast Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and associated funds in the successful dismissal of securities class action related to the company’s sale of its interest in Envision Healthcare Corporation.
- MetLife and certain of its officers and directors in the successful dismissal with prejudice of a securities class action (affirmed by the Second Circuit), two consumer class actions and multiple derivative lawsuits (affirmed by the Delaware Supreme Court) arising from the company’s practices with regard to group annuity benefits.
- The former Chief Financial Officer of Hertz in the successful dismissal, affirmed by the Third Circuit, of a putative securities class action litigation arising from the restatement of Hertz’s financial results.
- Clearway Energy (formerly NRG Yield) in the successful dismissal, in California State court, of a putative securities class action alleging misrepresentations relating to energy production at a wind farm.
- Syncora Holdings (previously Security Capital Assurance) and four former executives in the successful dismissal of a securities class action alleging that Syncora misrepresented and failed to disclose its exposure to subprime-related risk.
- Barrick Gold Corporation, a Canadian mining company, and three of its current and former executives in a securities class action arising from alleged misrepresentations regarding the predicted cost, timing and production estimates of a multibillion dollar gold and silver mining development in South America.
- Providence Equity Partners in winning summary judgment in the Delaware Court of Chancery, affirmed by the Delaware Supreme Court, in a shareholder class action lawsuit challenging Providence’s $1.9 billion acquisition of SRA International.
- Tribune Media Company in its lawsuit against Sinclair Broadcast Group in connection with the failed $3.9 billion acquisition of Tribune by Sinclair.
- The Special Committee and independent members of the Board of Directors of Dell in defeating requests for a preliminary injunction and obtaining dismissal of 26 stockholder class actions challenging $25 billion going-private transaction.
- The Board of Directors of Monsanto in its $66 billion sale to Bayer.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- CIFG Assurance North America as a plaintiff in a successful action – won on an early, pre-discovery summary judgment motion – for breach of a reinsurance contract.
- Disney, NBC Universal and CBS Broadcasting in a copyright dispute with Aereo, which intercepts their over-the-air broadcast signals, converts them and retransmits those broadcasts over the internet.
- Independent directors of News Corporation in allegations relating to phone-hacking in the United Kingdom.
- Swiss Re Financial Products Corp. in claims seeking to avoid payments made pursuant to a credit default swap.
- Juan Sebastian Montes, a former executive of Petroleos de Venezuela, in litigation involving the Michael Kenwood Group.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, Ph.D.
- Wesleyan University, B.A.