E. Raman Bet-Mansour is a corporate partner in the firm’s London and Paris offices and a member of the firm’s Private Equity, Mergers & ...
Read Full Biography
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Alstom in the sale of its ship building division, Chantiers de l'Atlantique, to Aker Yards.
- AltaOne Capital in its acquisition, with Silver Lake, of a 37.6% interest in Cegid Group, valuing the company at €580 million.
- Capital Group Private Markets, part of Capital Group, in its acquisition of a 35% interest in Tsebo, the leading Pan-African facilities services company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 40% ownership interest in Belron, which valued the company at €3 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Westbury Street, a leading independent contract caterer and hospitality services provider in the UK.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice as majority shareholder in Exova in the £620.3 million recommended cash acquisition of Exova by Element Materials Technology.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Ardian and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in their €2.1 billion acquisition of SPIE from PAI Partners.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Eurazeo and BAML Private Equity in their €3.7 billion leveraged buyout of Rexel.
- Dover Corporation in its $780 million acquisition of Wayne Fueling Systems from Riverstone Holdings.
- Dover Corporation on its €425 million acquisition of Tokheim Group’s dispensers and systems businesses.
- Eutelsat in its $228 million acquisition of the GE-23 Satellite and associated customer contracts and orbital rights from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Gaz de France in its €91 billion merger with Suez and the registration of the transaction with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, to create GDF-Suez.
- Glendower Capital in its role as part of a consortium of blue-chip institutional investors to invest approximately $530 million in six companies controlled by Argonne Capital Group.
- Julian Dunkerton, the co-founder of global fashion retailer Superdry, in his successful bid to return to the company’s board.
- Lazard Freres’ founding families in the $1.6 billion buyout of their 35% interest in connection with Lazard’s initial public offering.
- Najafi Companies in its acquisition of DirectGroup France, Belgium, Switzerland and Quebec from Bertelsmann AG.
- Pardus Capital Management in its acquisition of a 20% stake in Valeo.
- Precision Medicine Group in a new $275 million investment and the restructuring of its capital structure.
- Rexel in its $725 million acquisition of GE Supply from General Electric.
- A Ripplewood-led consortium in its purchase of a minority interest in The Commercial Bank of Egypt.
- Schneider Electric in its $2 billion acquisition of Telvent GIT SA, a software and solutions provider to the electricity, water, transportation and oil and gas industries.
- The Marandi family in its acquisition of ASHS Limited, the company operating under the Anya Hindmarch brand, from Mayhoola for Investments.
- Tristan Capital in its sale of a 40% interest in Tristan to Candriam, a New York Life affiliate.
- United BioSource in its $730 million sale to Medco Health Solutions.
Capital Markets & Finance
- Rexel in its €600 million offering of 2.750% notes due 2026.
- B&M in its £250 million bond offering of 4.125% senior secured notes due 2022, and its related refinancing of certain of its existing senior credit facilities.
- Bureau Veritas, a portfolio company of KKR and Wendel, in its $7 billion initial public offering and listing on Euronext Paris.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Ardian in the initial public offering of SPIE and the listing of its shares on the Euronext Paris and follow-on sales of over €800 million of shares.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in B&M’s initial public offering and listing on the London Stock Exchange, and its follow-on sales of over £1 billion of shares.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing and certain other aspects of its acquisition of BUT, the largest furniture retailer network in France, in a 50:50 partnership with WM Holding, a company related to the XXXLutz Group.
- Goldman Sachs and Calyon as lead managers in the €1.5 billion initial public offering of bioMerieux, listed on the Euronext Paris.
- Legrand and its shareholders, KKR and Wendel, in the €7 billion initial public offering of Legrand and subsequent sell-downs by KKR and Wendel.
- Pernod Ricard in its acquisition financings over the past few years, including the financing for the acquisition of Absolut Vodka through a €15 billion multicurrency facilities agreement; the €9.3 billion financing of its acquisition of Allied Domecq; the issuance of $2.5 billion of US dollar denominated fixed rate notes, comprising of $850 million 2.95% Fixed-Rate Notes due 2017, $800 million 4.25% Fixed-Rate Notes due 2022 and $850 million 5.50% Fixed-Rate Notes due 2042; its $1.5 billion offering of 4.45% fixed rate notes due 2022; its €1 billion six-year bond issue; its $1 billion offering of 5.75% fixed rate notes due 2021; its €800 million offering of bonds; and its €1.2 billion six-year bond issue.
- Pernod Ricard in its €1 billion capital increase.
- Rexel in over €5 billion of high yield note offerings involving € and $ denominated notes.
- Rexel in the amendment and extension of its €1.1 billion revolving credit facility, with Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank as facility agent and swingline agent.
- Rexel and its shareholders, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Eurazeo and BAML Private Equity, in the €6.5 billion initial public offering of Rexel shares and its listing on Euronext Paris.
- SPIE in the €2.16 billion leveraged capitalization and refinancing of its existing debt.
- Columbia Law School, 1989, J.D.
- Johns Hopkins University, 1986, M.A.
- Johns Hopkins University, 1985, B.A.