Energy Disputes Roundtable
On Tuesday 14 July, Debevoise will host an invitation-only roundtable to discuss significant emerging trends for arbitration and dispute resolution in the energy and natural resources sectors.
Participants from industry, subject-matter consultants, leading Debevoise practitioners, arbitrators and trade negotiators will share their insights in an afternoon discussion under Chatham House Rules.
Panel discussions will explore:
- The implications of climate change for investment arbitration: evolving treaty practice, renewables claims, international environmental law and the state as environmental “claimant”
- Business and human rights: reporting requirements, best practices, emerging themes in investment arbitration and extraterritorial litigation risk
- Energy security policy: a trigger for and defence to an investment arbitration?
- Boundary disputes: risk management strategies
- Tax disputes: lessons learned from recent cases
- State practice and tactics in arbitration
- Transparency and freedom of information in arbitration involving state parties
- Funding options and fee arrangements for complex arbitrations
To learn more about this event, please contact email@example.com.