Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is pleased to present its newest publication, the Insider Trading & Disclosure Update.
This inaugural issue of the Insider Trading and Disclosure Update, a joint publication of the Capital Markets and White Collar Criminal Defense/Internal Investigations Practice Groups, is attached to this email and can also be accessed by clicking on the link below.
Developments highlighted in this issue include:
- Key Second Circuit decisions regarding the source of duty for insider trading and the scope of disgorgement as a remedy
- U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Halliburton Co. v. Erica P. John on the “fraud on the market” presumption
- The use of non-prosecution agreements by the SEC
- Key developments to watch in the area of downstream tippee liability and SEC enforcement methods
- Other notable court decisions