Developments highlighted in this issue include:
- The continuing fallout from the Newman decision, including proposed legislative responses to the decision.
- The SEC’s continued pursuit of insider trading cases as administrative proceedings rather than civil injunctive actions in federal courts.
- An analysis of the Supreme Court’s decision in Omnicare.
- Recent efforts by the SEC and plaintiffs to hold issuers to a higher standard for disclosure of MD&A trends and uncertainty.
- The potential convergence of insider trading and criminal cyber-theft.